Logo by mjk1093 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 512 times)
Description: Hi there
CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« on: June 02, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »

Hello,

Like my name implies, I can't do mathematics. But I love it anyway. I recently discovered fractals while working on a project about science and spirituality. (I am agnostic about pretty much everything btw).
I think it is a fascinating phenemon. I started looking for fractals and photographing them in nature. And am also experimenting with creating fractal-like images using a video camera (digital slr)
and video-editing. I found the mandelbulb 3d program about 3/4 weeks ago and I am playing around with that. It's very hard in the beginning. I was overwhelmed by all the buttons and terms I had no grasp of.
Let alone those numbers. Anything beyond 3 digits is bound to stump me sooner or later. But fractals has me willing to try and understand it all anyway. So I am slowly trying to acquaint myself again with maths.
Furthermore, fractals have influenced my writing too. A friend of mine directed me to this place and said I should post some of my poems.

I look forward to getting to know this community and learn from you all.

Here are some images I created in m3d. I am just getting to know the program btw. But its great fun, and starting to claim almost my entire day^^
 I sometimes use photoshop to finish the post process work.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums, very nice results for this short time!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »

Woow, that first one is really great!

And those other images are also very refreshing. Nice to read fractals bring back the math. Hope to see more of your work when you got the hang with those digits and all.

And if you're overwhelmed by all those button, you might want to try Mandelbulber v2 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/files/
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 04:34:55 PM »

wow, very nice pics indeed! looking forward to see what you will achieve once you get hang of it.
love your nickname! grin

have a nice time here!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes all! And the compliments.

Fractals kinda rule my world now. Is that normal upon discovery? Lots of things just started and still are, like, clicking into place. A sort of innate recognition or intuitive understanding. That is my experience anyway. It started after an experience with salvia and took off from here. I'm watching documentaries and reading a lot about it.

M3d is going well. I think my photography background helps. Its what I study. Which now is really nice since I can use my pictures for the fractals. Am I right that I can use them as some sort of textures via maps?

I have mandelbulber installed and it does feel more simple at first glance. But by now I have started to find a comfort zone in m3d, so I stick to that one for a bit. But thanks for the suggestion Youhn! Currently rendering an animation. Geez that takes long.

Thanks again for making me feel welcome!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »

just recently a nice dude provided cool tutorials about using maps in mb3d
http://www.fractalforums.com/gallery/heightmap-geometry-injection-(with-parameters)

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: