Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 04:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fragmentarium 3DickUlus - Notes & Suggestions  (Read 8041 times)
Description: V1.0.6 3dickulus build
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

the compiler is on the gfx card, no  matter how much ram the host machine has the gfx card only has a finite space for native code and variables,
for instance the _Dirt_01 frag generates 3099 lines of assembler with 138 variables compiles in 235ms on my machine but I don't see textures sad

* various-limits.jpg (44.38 KB, 370x369 - viewed 316 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »

The screen you posted shows the limits of GPU? Where can this be found?

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 02:49:04 AM »

that data is for my nVidia card, you should be able to find the specs for any card on the nvidia website or just google <card name> specifications
this is included as part of the linux KDE desktop under System Programs menu, it's called KInfoCenter, look it's menu Graphical Information -> OpenGL

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »

There's one more feature that I beg for, at last until we have a nice set of graph keyframes editing.
I Would love to learn about some sort of tweak or update that would allow me to trigger multiple uniform parameters animations with F7.
I can understand handling overlaps could be tough (although maybe not? Just sotre a bunch of meta-variables, animate and sum on output?), but at least if I could do it sequentially add animation one after another (so no overlaps, say 1st one goes from frame 1 to 25, next 26 to 50 etc). Priceless.

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2015, 04:15:07 AM »

not quite sure what you mean huh?

currently you can animate almost every parameter in the variable editor (tabs with sliders) all at once if you really want to, the "easing curves" get saved when you create a keyframe (F8) named "Range-nnn-nnn", it can be just the word "Range" too, the "nnn-nnn" is just for reference and has no relevance in the program.

So, using F7 and F8 you can create as many as you want covering any number of ranges within the total length, to make them all active at once you need to apply them all or cut/paste them all into one master "Range" preset.

I also added applyPresetByName(String) to the fqScript commands for v1.0.13 cheesy

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2015, 06:07:01 AM »

maybe this will help...

we have a 200 second animation @ 25fps and want to use easing curves for fade in and fade out for the first and last 25 frames

using F7 with Brightness slider selected we apply a 25 frame transition from 0 to 1
then using F8 we create a preset named "Range-fade-in"
Code:
#preset Range-fade-in
/// Brightness1:OutQuad:2:0:1:1:26:0.3:1:1.7:1:0
#endpreset
we then use the same process (F7 then F8) to create our fade out but with the Exposure slider selected, from 1 to 0 and name it "Range-fade-out"
Code:
#preset Range-fade-out
/// Exposure1:OutQuad:2:1:0:4975:5000:0.3:1:1.7:1:0
#endpreset

keeping them separate helps when tuning in the settings or getting used to the interface, to apply them both when the animation runs create a Range preset with both easing settings lines and name it "Range-fade-in-out"
Code:
#preset Range-fade-in-out
/// Brightness1:OutQuad:2:0:1:1:26:0.3:1:1.7:1:0
/// Exposure1:OutQuad:2:1.00001:0:4975:5000:0.3:1:1.7:1:0
#endpreset

apply this preset before rendering files or add these easing curve settings lines to the Default preset to enable them when the fragment is loaded

currently you can't apply easing to the same variable more than once ie:using Brightness for both fade in and fade out, unless they are in separate Range presets, and the same variable can't overlap ranges, these can be setup in Fragmentarium and later applied in the right sequence and at the right time via fqscript. When applying separate Range presets via fqscript you can use the same variable for fade in and fade out.

I think what you are asking for is already there wink
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:26:35 AM by 3dickulus, Reason: typo » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »

Thanks,

What I figured out for myself:
- take a uniform you want to animate, replace it with a non-uniform variable
- create say a vec4 slider plus some expression to put all the components back into the variable above (sum or multiply or anything more sophisticated)
- voila, you have 4 uniforms to animate controlling the same thing.

Works, but as the animation grows this is becoming really hard to manage.

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 01:50:21 AM »

so 4 values attenuated/merged via specialized function that outputs a single value... interesting, can you show us a working example/mini-tutorial?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2015, 01:23:10 PM »

Here are 2 latest bug reports (1.0.13, but present also earlier)
1) When there are a few texture uniforms present and at least two of them point to the same source file, strange things happen and it does not seem to work properly. Cleaning texture cache sometimes helps, but still it does not work as expected.
2) in the file map browser there's an UI bug on windows. There's a bunch of acceptable file extensions including .jpg and .hdr. The problem is that on the list instead of .hdr there's hdr (no dot) shich causes the filetr to fail. So to pick an HDR file you need to filter to *.* and pick and HDR file.

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2015, 07:04:14 PM »

v1.0.13 is not supported
As of this writing v1.0.14 is available as source code only,
I will not be making windows binaries until I am confident my w!ndoz machine is virus free  rolling on floor laughing
Hopefully someone from the community will provide one.

1) will look into it
2) typo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:02:46 PM by 3dickulus » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »

1) my tests with v1.0.14 seems to be fine with using the same source file for different uniforms
2) fixed ty PK

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 03:22:01 PM »

Often it happens that even though I clear tex cache, it says on the next compile that it found some textures in cache.
No maps larger than ~4K across load. (and my GPU is not a factor here - I got 12GB Vram).
That causes then problems with maps and caches.

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »

in my case with GTX760...
Code:
  Max Texture Dimension Sizes                    1D=(65536) 2D=(65536,65536) 3D=(4096,4096,4096)
  Max Layered Texture Size (dim) x layers        1D=(16384) x 2048, 2D=(16384,16384) x 2048
  Total amount of constant memory:               65536 bytes

if 4096 is your upper limit then it may be getting mapped as a 3D texture or stored in const mem?

for a definitive answer add these lines to the initializeGL() function in DisplayWidget.cpp , recompile and run from a terminal...
Code:
                            int s;
                            glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE, &s);
    qDebug() << "GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE =" << s;
...on my system I get the following output...
Code:
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 16384

I don't think it matters how much ram, these limits are processor limits, more ram just means you can have more textures not bigger textures.
You must also account for pixel size ie:RGB RGBA, 8 or 16, F or I etc...

I don't think this is a Fragmentarium problem, I will look into the cache clearing issue though.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 05:10:51 AM »

@Patryk: I found a bug with something I added, as per your request for a "Copy Group" button in the uniform tabs embarrass

when using "Copy Group" to clipboard and then "Paste Settings" the FloatColorWidget values get mixed up, oops, for now don't copy and paste FloatColorWidgets, that's the slider+spinbox+colorchooser combo widgets in the variable editor tabs

angry really sorry if this bug has caused any problems, fortunately it doesn't seem to have affected creating presets or saving settings.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 01:20:27 PM »

Wow! That's cool, cause yesterday I was thinking about reminding you of it. Really need it, especially I am putting together a 'project framework' to share with the community including some building blocks and includable fractal formulas plus a mixer for them. Not all people using frag are comfortable coding so I am trying to make a flexible fractal mixer that will make it easy to create simple hybrids.

Priceless!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: