Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 02:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: quoted image removed with latex formulas  (Read 1813 times)
claude
Fractal Bachius

« on: May 28, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »

quoting other posts with latex formulas just gives <Quoted Image Removed> in place of the formulas...

testing:
<Quoted Image Removed>
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

its because it is an image wink so, i agree that it might be unhelpful to exclude latex formulas, but it is a global option to remove images from quotations
if you really need that image for reference, you need to re-include it with the image tag Sceptical

i simply do not want to manually edit any of the core php code of the forum because future update might incur problems or remove the modification

the remove image functionality makes sense to not clutter a thread with to much images of the same, so for now we can not do anything about it

we had once another latex parser that produced the rendering using another method, but this method (like render in Javascript) did not work stable enough to be used,
the image functionality is plain and easy, and works just fine, just quotation is limited....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
claude
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »

makes sense I guess!  pages of repeats are no fun, maintaining patched versions of code is a nightmare for sure, and interactions between different scripts are annoying too.

I'll try to put unquote ... quote around the important formulas i want to reference in future smiley  thanks!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »

what do you mean by unquote/quote around formulas ?! use
img bbcode to include a rendered latex image into your replies

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: