Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 376 times)
Description: A greeting
Laojim
Forums Newbie

« on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »

I am just outside Phoenix, AZ USA
I have been fascinated with fractals in general since I could run Fractint on my NEC Multispeed, leaving it running overnight to draw something or other.  It seems a shame that the program has died out because if you can get it to run under a DOS emulator it will still do things that no other program will do, but so it goes.  I often tried to get high school art students interested in the fractal images, but they tended to be put off by the complications of doing such things.   Retired now, I have all the time I want to make pretty pictures until my wife gets the idea I should do something else. 
I have a large number of images at https://www.flickr.com/gp/24489820@N02/50351D some of which are a bit derivative but many are, I think, rather good.  Feel free to send along any comments. 
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:43:53 PM »

helllo and welcome to the forums, this forums is made especially for people like you wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:05:25 PM »

Welcome Laojim. You certainly mastered the 3D fractals aswell ... you really miss Fractint?

Most of your images are in the Mainstream Fractal Style, which means oversaturated and a bit psychedelic. While almost all are good quality images, I tend to like the more simple ones like:
tranparent corridor
crystal tree
Tree
undergrowth 2 (ok, you perhaps want to polish photoshop skills a little)
needle pit
trackside shrine
tunnel 3 b
room wigh transparent walls
wnere ideas come from
octapus garden 2 (nevermind. This one worked out perfect! And saturation sometimes works great)

Hope to see more of your work!  A Beer Cup
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 10:06:44 PM »

Nice work!

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: