Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Praising the tetra  (Read 782 times)
pupukuusikko
Alien

« on: May 15, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

Hello fractalists,

I've been recently exploring Tglad's Tetrahedral thing,
http://www.fractalforums.com/the-3d-mandelbulb/2d-conformal-formula-suggestion/ ,
and I felt I needed to join the forum to promote the fine qualities of this gem.

Firstly, the spirals are great. Their existence is known, but the prettier ones have been reported only inside (by KRAFTWERK),
while, at first glance, the outside ones appear sketchy . However, during my explorations in Mandelbulb3d,
I've noted that intricate swirling julias can be found outside too, given the right coordinates.

For example:

This one was produced with DarkBeam's version, which I've found easier to explore than the original.
Parameters can be found in http://pupukuusikko.deviantart.com/art/Swirly-Julia-533158212

Secondly, the Tetra works very interestingly with _Abs, adding rotated box or amazing surface like
patterns without losing the grailish qualities of the original.

For example, TgladTetra2 + _absZ

Another one, TgladTetra2 + _absX

So hopefully I have convinced some people that this family of fractals is worth exploring,
there's been very little published so far. Perhaps even further development of the formulas,
adding options or some such  Azn.

br, Pupukuusikko

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »

hi there and welcome to the forums, nice exploration you did there, and oh there is so much stuff to explore still wink we still not have a pertubation implementation for deep zoom 3d fractals wink like the current exploration of the plain mandelbrot offers still so much new when going sooooooooo megaaaaaaaaaa deep, your work counts !!! its a shared effort to explore ALL the formulas to the full extent (and at some point gain some higher insights then )

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:21:59 PM »

Outstanding work dude

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
matsoljare
Fractal Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »

So can we see any of them animated?
pupukuusikko
Alien

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »

Thanks for support, old masters  A Beer Cup .
About the animations, it would be great to see a roller coaster style video on the first one,
but unfortunately the spirals are quite slow to render, and I don't have neither skills
nor patience to do it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: