Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Synthclipse 0.9.15 released.  (Read 1319 times)
_revers_
Conqueror

« on: May 07, 2015, 08:00:29 AM »

Synthclipse 0.9.15 released. Downloads.

Changelog:
   - Added key frame animation support with a Timeline
   - Added "Synth-Anim" perspective. Useful when working with the Timeline
   - Added option for storing presets in a separate file ('<preset file="name.preset" />' command). Enabled by default
   - Added support for Shadertoy audio shaders. (Audio shaders have ".sau" file extension)
   - Improved Shadertoy importer (Solved problems with keywords "smooth", "filter", "char" and functions named "texture". Also missing channels are now added.)
   - Fixed recording cancellation error

To test Shadertoy audio try importing this great shader: Music Toolbox - by nimitz. Audio support works on Windows and Linux. Sorry Mac folks.

The Timeline is based on a timeline included in Ultra Fractal (though there are small differences), so people familiar with UF shouldn't have problems creating animations with it. For those who are not I will write an animation tutorial on the Synthclipse official page. But don't expect it before 2-3 weeks. I need to finish something first and then I will update whole site.
Nonetheless creating animations is pretty intuitive so don't waste time waiting for the official guide wink
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:24 AM »

jipiiiiiiiiiiiii, thank you and right in time for the contest, downloading it right now and start producing something for the compo!!!!!!!!!!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:48:05 AM »

thank you post swing w00t !! thanks sign thank you post swing

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

awesome, downloaded and everything works like a charm (recent version had problem importing shaders, dunno what caused that )

---

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 02:54:48 AM »

Great work! thanks for sharing!

awesome, downloaded and everything works like a charm (recent version had problem importing shaders, dunno what caused that )

Probably because of changes introduced in Shadertoy (mainImage() instead of main() and other coding conventions)

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »

ok, played around with the timeline, there seem to be some issues,

my experience, i just wanted to do a camera path, isnt it using the mouse-controls when setting up a camera path?

- first thing: initialise first keyframes, does not directly create keyframes when moving the camera, and record button is active sad
- jumping the keyframes forward/backward, i would have expected the keyframe to stay in its property, but it goes vertically the keyframes, not horizontally (as expected)

i thought the workflow is like:

- frame0 press record, adjust camera
- go to another frame with record active, adjust camera
et voila wink

somehow it does not work here

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »

police i double checked, somehow it made the keyframes, but when moving behind the last keyframe with active record button and adjust came4ra position and angle, it does not create a new keyframe ( for all changed values by moving the camera with the mouse ... ) sad

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

how do the timeline works? it is behaving totally strange, i have keyframes for target, eye and up, when clicking on the "next keyframe" button, it changes on every keyframe, i mean a keyframe for eye or target at position 0 changes the picture ate frame 0 which is not expected, because ALL keyframes at frame 0 should be active in the current frame

and how does the scrubbing work? how can the timeline position be moved to check the animation?
( whoopsie dasies, ok, when disabling the record button the scrubbing works just fine smiley )

you are on a good way with the timeline, but it needs some adjustments

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »

ahh, i see, the record button works like this:

1. click on record
2. make changes
3. click on record again to create keyframes

very nice

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »

okedoke, that is really working nice and smooth

feature request:

button to create a keyframe for every parameter at current timeline position (or somehow select the ones to set keyframes for)

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »

and more feature requests cheesy

- keyframe outside mode, would allow to create repetitive animations, the outside area of key frames, could be either: ping-pong , repeat

---

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »

- jumping the keyframes forward/backward, i would have expected the keyframe to stay in its property, but it goes vertically the keyframes, not horizontally (as expected)

I wasn't sure whether next/previous key frame should work vertically or horizontally. I've first implemented it horizontal and then changed to vertical. But I see it was a mistake. I will revert it.

ahh, i see, the record button works like this:

1. click on record
2. make changes
3. click on record again to create keyframes

Yes, it works exactly like that. I definitely need to write a tutorial about key frame animation.

feature request:

button to create a keyframe for every parameter at current timeline position (or somehow select the ones to set keyframes for)

Ok, expect it in Synthclipse 0.9.17.

and more feature requests cheesy

- keyframe outside mode, would allow to create repetitive animations, the outside area of key frames, could be either: ping-pong , repeat

"ping-pong" means "repeat with reversed time"?
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 09:33:14 PM »

yes, outside behaviour, play keyframe sequence in order, and then in reverse, and then again in normal direction

the options would then be, for lower and higher parts respectively, by what i mean before first or after last keyframe

- VALUE - first or last keyframe value for upper/lower parts respectively if no repeat/pingpong is choosen
- REPEAT - replay normal
- PINGPONG - replay in reverse, replay normal, replay in reverse ....

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: