Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Feature Request: Enhanced Movie Maker Idea (Keyframe Related)  (Read 1395 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: May 06, 2015, 10:43:27 PM »

Since I saw you say this in the MB3D Development thread:

Just an update: I will approximately need another 1-2 weeks to finish the new major JWildfire-release, then I will come back to MB3D to work on the new release

OOOH!  A JWildfire update!

I have been working with it recently  (posted my first image from it in the Contest embarrass ), and experimenting with the animation feature.  This led me to want to request a small feature which seems, to my out of touch brain, like it wouldn't be too difficult to implement and is something which would make the user experience less tedious in setting up movies.

Is there any way to allow the user to set the default stuff for keyframes?  For example; it defaults to 120 frames between keyframes, and set to fade with 60 of those frames calculated.  I usually keep the 120 for simplicity, but change it to morph and calculate all 120 frames.  But every so often  ...  I forget to change things and get strange results  sad

The simplest method that comes to mind without writing ways to change defaults would be to have an option for forcing each new frame to inherit the same settings as the one before it.  Then I'd only have to set one and never worry about it again until much later, and even then only if fine tuning is needed.

I hope that is not too complicated to implement because I know how short on time you must be with working on two amazing programs at once, plus trying to have a life on top of it all, so if there is any way this could be done for the coming update it would mean a lot!

I hope to have a movie ready from JWildfire for the contest, and while this feature would not make or break the effort - it would certainly help!

Thanks for considering it  cheesy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:37:37 AM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:03:42 AM »

Hi,
luckily this was very easy to change :-) I have added it the way that the settings are inherited from the previous movie-part (will be included in V2.50).

Best regards,
Andreas
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49:05 AM »

Hi,
luckily this was very easy to change :-) I have added it the way that the settings are inherited from the previous movie-part (will be included in V2.50).

Best regards,
Andreas

Thanks for the quick reply!   afro

I'm glad you liked it enough to implement it, and that it was easy to do   embarrass

Given that it was for making movies, there is one other (hopefully just as easy!) idea related to this - allow somehow to lock the existing formulas so that any mutagen results would all work as morphs in the movie maker.  As you know, changing formulas does not work for a morphing animation and some changes don't show unless looking at the complete list of non-linear items for each item in the formula.

Again, it would save a lot of time and avoid mistakes when setting up animations.

Still easily done by hand, but also still easy to miss stuff until test render time!

Thanks again, and I look forward to the next release   A Beer Cup

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: