Logo by jwm-art - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: call for design member possesing an innate understanding fractal theory  (Read 13244 times)
Description: multiple design project potential
Forums Newbie

« on: May 06, 2015, 12:15:53 AM »

the individual will probably be in the spectrum; if your in the know.  angel huh? fiery
-iq 150 minimum, if your undocumented its a 20 minute assessment. we need to know you can comprehend the complexity of the project(s)
-needs to understand what vocation is and be seeking vocation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocation (a reference symbol)

if you fit it or know someone who fits it let me know, we have incredible projects to work on.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:43:14 AM »

You will most likely need to give a LOT more information than that if you want to be taken seriously.

We've seen very similar advertising here before, possibly even identical, and the reaction is always the same.  Please give more information of what you expect from any prospects than simply an IQ test result request.  Do you want people to take IQ Tests professionally, possibly with the hopes of getting fractal math into the official IQ test?  That is about my best guess at what you want given the sparsity of information to grab my attention and make me, or most people, want to give out our personal information to a user with only a string of numbers for a name.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:58:43 AM »

hey "mr. fibonacci sequence mirrored at 5" indeed what sock tells is how we see it, especially measuring ones iq by a single test cant be of any relevance for something real wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 01:06:21 AM »

hey "mr. fibonacci sequence mirrored at 5" indeed what sock tells is how we see it, especially measuring ones iq by a single test cant be of any relevance for something real wink

So, you really think they are seeking professional IQ Test Takers too?  What else could they possibly want if the only qualifications are an IQ score and an understanding of fractals?

Could these people be "designing" the next wave of IQ Tests, making use of fractals?  You would need to be able to score highly on that test if you were to design the next one.

What an honor that they'd come here instead of the usual Academic circles such people normally recruit from!  We must be more highly regarded than even I originally thought   educated clown Elvis Presley clown educated

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 02:59:40 AM »

I wonder how much it costs to take Mr. 01123532110's 20 minute test  huh?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:09:43 AM »

I wonder how much it costs to take Mr. 01123532110's 20 minute test  huh?

I don't know, but think of the rewards if you can manage to score a 151 or even a 153!

Fractal Money!  And a new car!!

It boggles the mind...

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »

if you fit it or know someone who fits it let me know, we have incredible projects to work on.
The IQ criterion you mentioned measures raw speed of solving certain mental tasks (or it measures if the tested individual knows the tricks needed to game the test; or it measures the individual's conformance to certain unspoken world view standards). It does not measure how many ideas an individual has, or how useful those are, or how practical, or even only how imaginative. Or how good that person is implementing or communicating these ideas. Faster than 399 out of a representative group of 400, no more, no less.

Asking for a spectrum dweller might make more sense for you. That particular state of mind often goes along with a more permeable sensory filter, i.e. such individuals tend to perceive more details. Their brains don't discard as much information early on as irrelevant. Such individuals look at the same world as the rest of us, but see very different things. That can lead to novel approaches. That can also make it very difficult to communicate with those alien minds.

What you are probably dreaming of is a creative mind, an intuitive thinker, with disruptive but practical ideas. If you find one, be prepared to be intellectually challenged by them in ways you never imagined. You might end up hating this person, even though you love their ideas. Incredible as it may seem, but there can be such a thing as too many pleasant surprises.

(No, I am not a psychologist or neuroscientist. I looked into these topics at some point in my life because I had to. Ask a real expert if you want to learn more. If you are looking for company: good choice! You may be a stranger in this society, but you are not alone.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »

The IQ criterion you mentioned measures raw speed of solving certain mental tasks (or it measures if the tested individual knows the tricks needed to game the test; or it measures the individual's conformance to certain unspoken world view standards). It does not measure how many ideas an individual has, or how useful those are, or how practical, or even only how imaginative. Or how good that person is implementing or communicating these ideas. Faster than 399 out of a representative group of 400, no more, no less.

Asking for a spectrum dweller might make more sense for you. That particular state of mind often goes along with a more permeable sensory filter, i.e. such individuals tend to perceive more details. Their brains don't discard as much information early on as irrelevant. Such individuals look at the same world as the rest of us, but see very different things. That can lead to novel approaches. That can also make it very difficult to communicate with those alien minds.

What you are probably dreaming of is a creative mind, an intuitive thinker, with disruptive but practical ideas. If you find one, be prepared to be intellectually challenged by them in ways you never imagined. You might end up hating this person, even though you love their ideas. Incredible as it may seem, but there can be such a thing as too many pleasant surprises.

(No, I am not a psychologist or neuroscientist. I looked into these topics at some point in my life because I had to. Ask a real expert if you want to learn more. If you are looking for company: good choice! You may be a stranger in this society, but you are not alone.)

For the record, I have no issue with these people wanting an iQ requirement for a position.  I don't think it makes sense, but it's their right to do so.

What I do take issue with is what happened before with what I am convinced is the same group - namely they want people to send them applications containing personal information without identifying either themselves or their organization.

That is underhanded, sneaky, borders on dishonest, and strongly resembles criminal behaviour attempting to steal people's identities!!

Last time they made bogus claims about not being able to post more information because their ideas would be stolen   group butts

I'm sorry, but I am a Scientist.  I have entertained job offers and been actively seeking work in my time on this planet.

I ALWAYS make it a point to research ANY company I am thinking of talking to BEFORE we talk.  It is critical to the process.

They may want to make sure their prospects meet their criteria, but they don't care at all about whether the same person would want to know more about them.

They wont even make clear if they want an Artist, a Programmer, or a Theoretician  (or something entirely else)  (or some combination).  We have many people who can do all of those, some of those, or just one of those - and quite well at that.  But these people show great reluctance to deal openly and honestly and therefore I strongly encourage everybody to avoid them and not to take them seriously until they show us some respect.

This is not the first time a very similar (or possibly identical) advertisement appeared here.  If these are different people I would be very surprised.

That is why I went directly to sarcasm without waiting.  I have no patience for such stuff.

If they wanted to be up front about things, they could have just done so.  That said, it's not too late for them to start - no harsh actions were taken.  No accounts limited or members banned.  Just a merciless taking to task about the vagaries of their post and the fact that when trying to get people to work with you shrouds of secrecy are counter productive and a waste of time.  Mr. F-String is welcome to try again if he's willing to talk.  Otherwise...   hitting butt

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 05:52:23 AM »

If they wanted to be up front about things, they could have just done so.
I guess they could have, talking to people who are scientists (at least at heart). Being used to rational debate usually means the ability to accept different and strange perspectives, and work with those.

I jumped to a different conclusion. The OP probably has accumulated bad experiences trying to communicate with people around them. That would have made them cautious.

I am as paranoid as you, Sockratease, when it comes to giving out personal data. If I may seem to take the OP's side, that's because I ... I wanted to do something, anything, to try and perhaps enable constructive communication. One thing I could do was to explain the original post to whoever readers are lurking here, without judging it.

The judgement given by Sockratease is good advice, too, but might not be taken as encouragement to supply more information.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »

.... If I may seem to take the OP's side, that's because I ... I wanted to do something, anything, to try and perhaps enable constructive communication. One thing I could do was to explain the original post to whoever readers are lurking here, without judging it.

The judgement given by Sockratease is good advice, too, but might not be taken as encouragement to supply more information.

You are absolutely correct!

Let me point out that I truly enjoy being proven wrong!  It means I learned something.

I still welcome more information about this- after all, the first thing I said to this person was :

You will most likely need to give a LOT more information than that if you want to be taken seriously.

After which I confirmed they looked at the thread subsequent to that post (and Christian's) - saw they had no answer (which only confirmed to me they were the same people as last time and were not going to reply), and then cut loose!  The car image was used for a 3D Art idea, but had Fractal Money in it so I couldn't resist posting it...

If further discussion is forthcoming, it is welcome.

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »

How the innate-ness is verified? Must I bring my father to proof?

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »

people, i think we just talk to a spam bot here ....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »

people, i think we just talk to a spam bot here ....

Unlikely, I think.

Spambots tend to, well  ...  Spam!

Making an AI to post what was posted here would be strange, but if it was a bot it would try to post more.  There are no hidden links, and it's too specific to be a bot in my view.

I think hobold was right and I scared them   tease

Either that or I was right and it's the same mysterious group who refuse to identify themselves or give even the most basic idea of what they want apart from an IQ score and a vocabulary that includes the word Vocation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: