Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sup.  (Read 564 times)
Frack
Forums Newbie

« on: May 02, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »

afro
What up guys!
So I am very new to fractals. I am interested in understanding fractals, and also exploring and creating artworks from fractals.
I have tried some very basic fractal creation on Apophysis. Looking forward to learning new things here.  smiley

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:08:17 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

You're just in time for our Annual Contest, so feel free to post something - you never know.

If you like Apophysis, have you tried JWildfire?  It's a flamefractal generator too, but is still in development and I hear Apophysis development has slowed.

I'm sure you can learn much here if you ask questions!  There are forums for general discussion and many for specific software, so look around, try thr search feature, and post!  That's the best way we have to learn here...

Enjoy the site, and I look forward to seeing your work.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »

You came to the right place, I did the same thing a number of years ago when I first discovered Fractals...it was the right place at the right time. The 3D Mandelbulb had just been discovered and Jesse was working on a Program to explore it....if you can't learn about Fractals and the many applications to explore them here you just ain't paying attention.....Welcome to the Forums
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums, you might take a look in my weird fractal chaosTube videos (to be found in gallery) the tutorials explain some stuff that is not covered by any other "what is a mandelbrot" video in the world wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Frack
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »

afro
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll check them out.
Nope, I havn't tried JWildfire, is there a significant difference between Apophysis and JWildfire?
But I have tried mandelbulb 3d yesterday, and also watched some of the tutorials from Don Whitaker. It is very cool...though I think it may be awhile before I can come up with something presentable, ha ha.
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »

Jwildfire is super-stable and has all the plugins integrated... plus lots more features wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: