Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 04:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 403 times)
Description: Newbie
memetech
Forums Newbie

« on: April 16, 2015, 08:19:41 PM »

Hello, my name is Mike. I am very interested in fractals, fractal nature and its relation to our reality. I have a bachelors in Mathematics but did not cover as much about Fractals as I would have liked during my time there.

I compose electronic music, which uses a a lot of math theory that i am familiar with. I use complex iterative process in my music but i wouldn't say it is quite fractal, I want to strive towards this, both in composition and in sound design aspects.

I have also become interested in fractal art! I have played around with Photoshop and apotheosis but am still pretty noob. I would love to learn about the free mandelbulb 3d program, I see a lot of that in this forum. I hope to reach a point where I can code parameters and have them controlled and interact with components of my music so the fractals 'dance' to it.

I look forward to meeting you guys!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:19:12 PM »

Hello, my name is Mike. I am very interested in fractals, fractal nature and its relation to our reality. I have a bachelors in Mathematics but did not cover as much about Fractals as I would have liked during my time there.

I compose electronic music, which uses a a lot of math theory that i am familiar with. I use complex iterative process in my music but i wouldn't say it is quite fractal, I want to strive towards this, both in composition and in sound design aspects.

I have also become interested in fractal art! I have played around with Photoshop and apotheosis but am still pretty noob. I would love to learn about the free mandelbulb 3d program, I see a lot of that in this forum. I hope to reach a point where I can code parameters and have them controlled and interact with components of my music so the fractals 'dance' to it.

I look forward to meeting you guys!

Hell and welcome to the forums   afro

There are many discussions scattered about the site focusing on fractals, fractal nature and their relation to our reality. Also many topics on fractal music.  The search feature is sometimes strange, but still gives good enough results to find these sorts of discussions if you feel inclined to join in on any conversations.

And if you want to learn MB3D, or any other fractal generator, you have come to the right place if you have any questions!  Just ask in the appropriate forum.  Most programs have a dedicated section, and if you don't see the one you want to ask about, there are "general" areas for most sections too.

About the only thing mentioned we don't have a section for is photoshop, but there are so many sites dedicated to that program all over the web having one here would be redundant.  Unless members want one!  Then I am sure it could be arranged  (some of our members find post-work to be  ...  well, Blasphemy!) (but I love it, even though I boycott adobe and use other image and video editing tools).

Feel free to share your works on this site.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: