Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Short introduction to myself  (Read 488 times)
Stroganoff
Forums Newbie

« on: April 09, 2015, 01:00:13 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Tom, 29 years old from Leipzig, Germany. I'm not a mathematican or anything, but of course I'm a vidid computer nerd since the age of yonder so naturally I always was fascinated by fractals. It was only a couple of years ago that I learned that 3D fractal renderings (Mandelbulb and such) were even a thing. While I never rendered any fractal myself, I'm often hunting for really great videos, zooming into endless fractals and traversing the abyss. Alas, it seems like many fractal fellows have only limited computing power, that's why many videos on Youtube are rendered in very low resolution and without any anti-aliasing, being considerably less enjoyable. My ideal video format would be 1080p @ 60Hz with good lighting and anti-aliasing - even if it takes months to render.

I own an Intel Core i7-4930K with 6 physical cores at 3.40 to 4.00 Ghz with very good and silent cooling - that's not a supercomputer by any means, but it's more than what most people have (I guess), so I might be willing to help someone to render his or her dream project, just leave me a message.

I registered with this forum to get some feedback from you guys on my latest (and first) fractal project. It's actually only a video editing project, but you wouldn't know if you just saw it:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pwuTxccQcpg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/pwuTxccQcpg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

I will create a dedicated thread for this video shortly. I hope it will serve as some inspiration for some of you! smiley

Thank you for reading and please carry on!

Kind regards,
Tom / Stroganoff
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:30:01 PM »

Hi there check out kalles fractaler program, ultra deep zooming into various 2d fracts, easily suitable to create 4k videos or even more wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Stroganoff
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »

Pretty awesome! But I think I'm even more into zooming into 3D fractal sets. I have seen some videos and the kind of detail and the countless new iterations of shape and volume you can create is mesmerizing. But only very little of it is rendered in 1080p unfortunately. But maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Many Mandelbulb videos don't really zoom from macro into micro into micromicromicro but rather they just float around without going any deeper. I guess some renderers have software or computing power limitations on how deep you can go.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »

Problem is that no arbitrary precision software exist for such, 3d fractals just explore to the limits if double floating point range

the mandelboxvideoin my chaostube history  show features 1080prenderings for which my computerwas busy a month

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: