Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Silver Machine  (Read 521 times)
Andrew Wilson
Alien

« on: April 07, 2015, 12:16:28 AM »

Silver Machine

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=17306

Hi
HOW I MADE THE IMAGE
My latest Mandelbulb 3D picture was inspired by a m3p parameter file, TimeMachine, which came with the Mandelbulb download from FractalForums  http://www.fractalforums.com version Mandelbulb3Dv183Mandelbulb3D.exe -  My input of the four Alternate formulas - _SphereFolding1,  _FoldingOct,  Amazing Box and Menger3  gave me an original image which did not look anything like my final render.
After putting the image into the 3D Navigator window I then tweaked the image by zooming out using the Fixed Zoom function [bottom right arrow in 3D Navigator gives the fixed zoom tool which appears at the bottom left of the image]. After zooming out I then used the Looking, Walking and Rotate tools to finalize my “base” image which I resent to the Main Window.
I then explored the Lighting window Light-maps and eventually settling on the white/silvery finish on my image. To achieve this I first selected the Lighting function and chose the Metallic pre-set icon at the bottom of the Lighting window. I then changed the two Ambient Light settings [Amb] to white leaving the default Depth settings on blue and blue.
I then went into the Calculation tab and adjusted my Raystep setting to 0.02 and the Smooth Normal setting to 8 and also “cut” my image using the cutting tool.  I then I clicked to “calculate” the image which gave my final rendered image.
SlimSynth
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:00:59 PM by slimsynth wilson » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: