Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:42:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Welcome from the Author of ManyFractals  (Read 2173 times)
Description: meet the author, get help, post suggestions, help me with the FAQ
rickz65
« on: December 01, 2009, 02:29:56 AM »

First off, I must Thank Trifox for setting up an Awesome forum site for Fractal Lovers ! ... or better put: Lovers of Fractals  grin
Secondly, Thanks again to Trifox for setting up a board for my software, ManyFractals. You can download a copy at manyfractals.org, it's freeware.
I'll try my best to check in here often, as it will be a good place to get help with Manyfractals. Well, I did put Help file in the installer, so that's a good place to get Help too, but I'm sure some things probably aren't worded well, or clearly enough, so you can post here, send me a p.m. , or e-mail me at author@manyfractals.org . I'm open to suggestions on improvements, and new features. I'm also needing to build up a good Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) topic in my Help File, and it would make a lot more sense if the questions come from people such as yourself, here at Fractal Forums.
I'm hoping you enjoy using ManyFractals as much as I have building it.

Welcome, and Thanks,
Rickz65
rickz65
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

Dear Fractal Fans,
I've discovered last night manyfractals will crash if one tries to save an image as a JPEG or Bitmap file. sad I've already fixed it for JPEGs, smiley and will have Bitmap files saving correctly soon as well. Large images (greater than 10,000 x 10,000) still are troublesome  huh?. At 8500 x 8500 , the App seems to work fine. I'm working on the issue, also. The good news is I have been able to save 2 JPEGS at 13,400 x 13,400. I'll need to do some testing on other machines here in my lab, as my main development machine had some issues of it own (Vista died  huh? ). More good news, I found a way to quickly add more types of file output, namely .png and .gif, with possibility of also .tiff and .icon . Maybe some time in the new year, .gif will lead to animated gif. Look for Version 1.40.0002 to be posted within the next 12 to 18 hours. My Apologizes if this issue has wasted any of your time. I'll do more testing before posting from now on.
Thanks for your Understanding,
Rickz65
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: