Logo by chaos_crystal - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 05:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MutaGenerator for Mandelbulb3D  (Read 2093 times)
Description: Mutagenerator
cricke49
Alien

« on: March 29, 2015, 03:38:26 AM »

Lucas, i know you've been busy as always, i love your program Mandelbulb3D, i think i got in on it back in the v1.5's somewhere, anyway
i've been wondering if you ever thought about inducting a MutaGenerator into Mb3D, and since i know you're in collaborations with Andrea Maschke of JWildfire
 i thought maybe you two could figure a way of doing such and also maybe sharing the Mb3D Navigator idea with Andreas where he and you might be able to induct it into JWildfire, thus making both problems so much more explorable, thanx for listening!

cricke49
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »

Hello there smiley
But you are overestimating my capacity? shocked

No, I am not involved in MB3D coding I just mess with formulas smiley
I don't know how much useful a mutagen would be, if I was Andreas I would never have been implementing it in JWildfire smiley haha. But let's see?

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »

if andreas is willing it would be totally cool, with that many formulas available a mutagen approach to examine possible variants just could help in finding the most amazing combinations it is a so much unexplored field to check all combinations

for sure parameters need to be defined what ranges their params can get, but having all the formulas plugable seems to be just natural to plug them randomly together wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »

Yes Christian!
The absence of ranged params is a trouble in itself. We (me and Jesse) used some workarounds here and there but a serious handling of that would be nicer smiley

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Andrea81
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »

A MutaGenerator is a good idea, i like it in Jwildfire too, you can play with your own parameter and get new things, that makes fun smiley

My Mandelbulb photo collection: http://andrea1981g.deviantart.com

deutsches Fraktalforum: http://www.fractalforums.de
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: