Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3d Development Officially Continued (beta is out)  (Read 10811 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 01:07:41 AM »

@thargor  you are in control of the main development and coordinate contributions ? (for now ) ?
Yes, I will try, and I have also some concrete ideas for now, even if I did not announce them, yet. I was also talking to some users yet to know what they demand and browsed through the suggestions here.

And, the really GOOD news: I had a long conversation with Kali this evening, and we spoke about all of those controverse topics. We cleared all the stuff which caused aggression, some only due to language barriers, and also sorted out our emotions.

Best regards and a nice weekend,
Andreas
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:36 PM »

nice that you sorted it out with kali

i as fractalforums admin can offer various stuff, e.g. a dedicated GIT repository can be hosted on my server as well, just in case you dont have a version control system yet, and as i said before i would love to have the binaries published here at a central place - this is just my wish for stengthening fractalforums position, and as it has been founded here and developed over the years

this is just an offer, and i am happy with every direction a stable development of it goes

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:25 PM »

As Andreas said, we sorted out this chain of unfortunate events.

I would only add that someone for some reason I don't fully understand, was making noise between us and that contributed to the misunderstanding.
But I don't want to continue any controversy, and I'm also not running away from my responsability on this bad moment we had here.
So I want to say sorry to all of you for my behaivour.

Luckily, Jesse was here reading this thread and sent me the source code by email. You know, Jesse being generous is not a suprise at all.
But it was still a very nice surprise when I checked my mail this morning smiley - THANKS JESSE!

And more good news... today we agreed with Andreas he will lead this project and I will only try to contribute and help him with the further development.
I understood the multiple forks idea was not going to work well in this particular case.

So I think we have a happy ending here, and also a happy beggining after all smiley

Cheers A Beer Cup

Kali

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 07:27:19 PM »

Cheers A Beer Cup
Cheers! A Beer Cup :-)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »

Cheers A Beer Cup
Cheers! A Beer Cup :-)
Cheers! A Beer Cup  whistling and rolling eyes

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »

Oh, and I'm on a holiday for this week. So please don't think we talked a lot and now happens nothing cheesy Some actual development will start next week!

Best regards and happy easter to you too,
Andreas
flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »

Super easter news! looks like we have the show runner and collaborators!

Looking forward to future releases - some great ideas have already been presented for new features.

May I suggest one of these  bug tracking soft dev type apps? ( plenty of free web based ones around ! )
So there is a website where people can up-vote features ?

It would be cool for collaborators anyway to see what's what.

cheesy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:55:07 PM by flexiverse » Logged
Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 11:29:24 PM »

@all  A Beer Cup ..i'll even buy you all one if we ever meet up and i'm a traditional tight fisted scot so that's saying something peas love n tings..great to see resolution on this.. and really looking forward to continued development..thanks folks
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 01:35:48 AM »

(No need to comment on this, just to show some sign of life:) a little bit belated, the development has just started today! Will post a link to an alpha-release as soon there is something serious, my plan is to have an open alpha/beta-test. So everybody who is interested, may just try it out.

Best regards,
Andreas
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »

Great news, and I'm sure many of us look forward to it
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2015, 11:06:46 PM »

Thank you Jesse for giving your baby into new hands. I think this was not an easy step like with every huge project. Thank you for giving us such an impressive piece of software with so many great features. So many different fractal worlds have been already found and so many still stay hidden in the realm of math and wait for their exploration.
The possibilities are infinite and the infinity is possible.
Lets dive into it  Azn

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2015, 11:38:29 PM »

Andreas we can hardly wait cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:51 PM »

Hello all,
because the sourcecode of MB3D finally was made public, it is now possible to create a central repository, where anyone who wants, can contribute.
I will create such a repository , and also check in the changes I already made from my local Git repository and post a link later.

Andreas
jotero
Conqueror

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »

Hello all  wink

Thank you for the great toy

alpha1 + Fo7 Fo8

Please to Fo16  embarrass

ciao
torolf
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print