Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Borderlands of math - the event  (Read 692 times)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:32:45 PM »

Additional to my Flyer image, I created an event on http://imaginary.org with a full description of the exhibition. (Thanks to Talley for helping me translate)
The event can be found here: http://imaginary.org/event/borderlands-of-math

here's the full description:
In his exhibition Torsten Stier guides you to strangely familliar-looking, 3-dimensonal sceneries of the fractal geometry. He created an intuitive access to a relatively new part of mathematics, that otherwise escapes our linearly logic analysis.

Sometimes Torsten´s works are totally abstract and other times almost photorealistic. His images and animations always spark up associations out of the living and non-living nature or architecture and technics. He uses most modern rendering software and is involved in their development as idea provider and software tester since 2010.

This exhibition is focused on high-resolution printed still-frames, of which about 30 are presented in large format and on different media. Besides that a wall chart gives a brief history of fractals from the “math monsters” of the late 19th century to the latest developments in 3D fractaling.

The Vernissage takes place in Bad Schwalbach on March 25 at 7:30 pm in the cafeteria of the district house.
The exhibition will be on view until May 29 on the 2nd floor of the building.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:33:22 PM by taurus » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: