Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 02:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: detailed and couloured sections in MD3D  (Read 1390 times)
jpuget
Alien

« on: March 16, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

Dear fractalists! I have been trying to do some nice fractals with MD3D and it seems I am progressing, but now I was trying to cut the 3ds (I know hot to do it) and colour their sections faces. I dont want a plan colour or a gradient , I would like to get something like Mickhogan gets in this amazing image:

http://mickhogan.deviantart.com/art/Detailed-Cross-275634932

Do you know any way of getting something similar? I know I can play with ths sliders, but the question was if I can get anything with so much details as Mickhogan does. I wonder if all those colours are given by the 3d or by the gradient in the cutted face...

Please I would really appreciate your help!

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »

I'd say that the cuts are all white in that image.

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »

The parameters are listed in Mickhogans post, so you can copy the parameters into M3D and see how its done. If you start tweaking and publish your own version, be sure to refer to the original though...

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 12:43:01 PM »

@jpuget you might not know how to load parameters from deciantart:

- copy the text from the deviantart page beginning from "Mandelbulb3Dv17{" ... "} via CTRL-C
- in mandelbulb3d in the "open" tab press "TXT" button and click on "RENDER"

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
jpuget
Alien

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:17:13 PM »

I have the paramenters and I know how to introduce it to MD3D, I just wanted to know how he controls the way of colouring the cutted face ...just that, ,the pattern is so clear as he colours it and I dont know the method.
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »

A lot of ways to color in MB3D, one thing to remember is besides the Gradient/Lighting Panel there is the Coloring selections Tab on the main panel for selecting the Coloring Options(Last length Increase, Orbit Trap, Routing for light on X,Y,Z, also Dyn Fog iteration or Volumetric Light selection) The example image looks like to me at quick glance to be done using Orbit Trap(or possibly a surface Difuse Map) also remember on Cuts there is a second set of slider controls for "CUTS" coloring below the main Gradient sliders....and then there's Maps, Surface Difuse Maps or Lightmaps
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: