Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 10:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sequence Error  (Read 645 times)
Description: Error loading in sequence folder of .png images from voxelstack to Fiji
SABLE
Forums Newbie

« on: March 10, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to import a sequence of .png images taken from a piece of fractal using voxelstack in mandelbulb3d.

I'm working on a mac and every time i choose a folder to import the sequence i get an error.

I'm new to this kind of things so i was wondering if anyone else had this problem or could lead me in the right direction?

I guess it's java related?  huh?

Thx a bunch X

ERROR:

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-25/1.49p; Java 1.6.0_65 [64-bit]; Mac OS X 10.10; 58MB of 4953MB (1%)

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
   at io.scif.filters.ChannelFiller.openPlane(ChannelFiller.java:226)
   at io.scif.filters.ChannelFiller.openPlane(ChannelFiller.java:151)
   at io.scif.filters.PlaneSeparator.openPlane(PlaneSeparator.java:304)
   at io.scif.filters.PlaneSeparator.openPlane(PlaneSeparator.java:208)
   at io.scif.filters.AbstractReaderFilter.openPlane(AbstractReaderFilter.java:225)
   at io.scif.filters.AbstractReaderFilter.openPlane(AbstractReaderFilter.java:191)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.read(ImgOpener.java:805)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.read(ImgOpener.java:790)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.read(ImgOpener.java:771)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.readPlanes(ImgOpener.java:758)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.openImgs(ImgOpener.java:361)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.openImgs(ImgOpener.java:257)
   at io.scif.img.ImgOpener.openImgs(ImgOpener.java:146)
   at io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.open(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:123)
   at io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.open(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:109)
   at io.scif.io.DatasetIOPlugin.open(DatasetIOPlugin.java:75)
   at io.scif.io.DatasetIOPlugin.open(DatasetIOPlugin.java:50)
   at net.imagej.legacy.plugin.DefaultLegacyOpener.open(DefaultLegacyOpener.java:135)
   at net.imagej.legacy.DefaultLegacyHooks.interceptOpenImage(DefaultLegacyHooks.java:336)
   at ij.plugin.FolderOpener.run(FolderOpener.java:114)
   at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:169)
   at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:131)
   at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »

hard to say, please check your individual images, it looks like you have a zero byte element in your images due to some reason, and this is then causing a division by zero error when importing, take a quick view of the filesizes in your folder

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
SABLE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:26:27 PM »

Hey cKleinhuis,

Thx for the reply. I checked the folder but nothing..

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to import a sequence of .png images taken from a piece of fractal using voxelstack in mandelbulb3d.

I'm working on a mac and every time i choose a folder to import the sequence i get an error.

I'm new to this kind of things so i was wondering if anyone else had this problem or could lead me in the right direction?

I guess it's java related?  huh?...

Hi.

Is there anything else in the folder with the image sequence?  Anything at all?  FIJI will try to load the entire folder and anything not part of the image sequence will cause an error.

Without being there I can't offer much more than that, so I hope it helps!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
SABLE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »

Hey!

Do you mean that there are images that have 0 bytes? Because all images seem to go from 140 kb to approximately 1 mb

If so, no luck with that, the folder seems fine..

Is there any other software solution for reconstructing the slices?

Thx

alien
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »

he meant: check for ANY other file in the folder no .txt no .doc or whatever else in the folder the just shall be your images

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

If everything else is in order, and the folder contains the image sequence and Only the image sequence, then perhaps your original theory about java is worth looking into.  Are you sure you are running the most current Java Runtime Environment?

If all of the above checks out OK, I can only suggest making sure you are following the correct procedure to load the files into FIJI - namely you must use the Import > Image Sequence command and not the File > Open command.

Two other things to test, just to cover all bases - first; can you load the image sequence into a video editor and play it as an animation?  This test will spot corrupted files.  Maybe   sadness

Second, and a last-ditch effort, try a whole new, very simple voxel stack as a test.  I'd suggest the default Mandelbulb at the default Voxel settings.  That should provide a quick to render and easy to load into FIJI sequence.

There are many tips and tricks and even ideas for other software in this thread : http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/voxel-image-stack-and-then-what/

It's a 10 page thread, but well worth reading if you want to see us all trying to figure this stuff out when it first became available   bubble gum

Good luck with it.  Let us know how it goes...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
SABLE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »

Nope nothing else in the folder,

i tried a new one, the default without changing any preferences.

Saved it in a folder on my desktop, nothing in there besides the .png's.

Tried to make an animation of it and it works fine.

In Fiji i choose file, import, image sequence. Open the folder and the error pops up.

I work on mac, yosemite, have the latest Java installed so really don't have a clue.

i'll check the link of the forum to see if i find a solution for this,

thank you guys.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:32:40 PM by SABLE » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 11:44:06 PM »

I am going to make a quite possibly absurd statement here, and it is no reflection on anything other than simply trying to solve this!

...In Fiji i choose file, import, image sequence. Open the folder and the error pops up.

What, exactly, did you select when importing?

Not the folder itself, I hope!  To import an image sequence you select the first image in the sequence to import, not the entire sequence or the folder.  I doubt you were doing either of those and am confident you probably knew the correct procedure. I only mentioned it as a possibility because of the wording in the quote above.

Actually, I kind of hope that is it!  It would provide the simplest and easiest to fix possibility.

It could also be a "Mac Thing" - I had to stop upgrading my mac as of OSX 10.6 because it broke too many of my programs.  I have heard many stories on the 3D Art forums I frequent about how this has only gotten worse, but am happy using my OSX 10.5 on the only mac I have that still works with all the old software I like  (I just can't use any new software, but have no need of it since the old stuff will always work for my needs).

Anyway, I hope you get it working!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:45:39 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:10 AM »

One last thought before I get ready to sleep...

Try re-downloading Fiji itself.  It's possible you have a corrupted download of the program - unless it worked in the past and this is a sudden and new event.

Otherwise, I am back to being stumped.  This is a weird one for certain!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: