Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3 branch tree in Mandelbulber  (Read 272 times)
Description: looking for a preset or example to load
jpuget
Alien

« on: March 09, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »

Hello I am new here embarrass embarrass embarrass, just getting started in fractals. I am playing with mandelbulber, trying to get nice images loading the preset examples. The thing is that I do not find any preset similar to the 3 branch tree to develop images like this. Is there any place wehe I can download it? could anyone share a similar preset? I would really appreciate it.
Examples:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12157
http://roddh.deviantart.com/art/Dodecahedron-IFS-3-357941744

Thanks in advance!
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »

For me the best way to learn was just turning all knobs in the program and see what happends. Make sure the renders are fast, to make a short feedback loop. The quicker you see results of your actions, the better the learning process. So start following render settings:

Keep Max fractal iteration low
Detail level not important for speed
Raymarching step mult. should be around 1.0 for good speed/quality. Perhaps between 0.5 and 1.0 for harder to render fractals.
Smoothness not important for speed

Then dive into the fractal tab and look for the "Kaleidoscopic IFS". Select it. Use the preset button "Dodecahedron". Render the fractal and check result.

Go to "Effect" tab. Check the "Ambient occlusion" checkbox. Render and check.

Change value for "Ambient occlusion" from 1.0 to lets say 0.2. Render and check.

To find any decent places/composition you need to explore the fractal. Navigate through it using the mouse and the buttons on the right, in the "Navigation" tab. For good combi of speed and visiblity, use low max iter and high detail level.

I'm mostly focussed on escape time fractal, but I've done some KIFS:

Source: http://jeroensnake.deviantart.com/gallery/

See anything you like? I could try to dig up the Mandelbulber settings files, not sure which version though.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: