Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ability to generate passive 3D renders for animations?  (Read 2563 times)
ShamanicHarmonics
Forums Newbie

« on: March 09, 2015, 02:11:49 AM »

HI there!
I'm pretty new here and just learning as much as I can about Mandelbulb 3D and having a ton of fun so far. I saw in the animation window a checkbox for rendering the animation as a stereo animation, which I would believe is a red/blue anaglyph (the classic 3D with the red and blue glasses).

Now that we have movies and TVs that use the new passive 3D technology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarized_3D_system

I did use the search engine and nothing came up for passive 3D, but if there are other threads here detailing this, please link me. If not, any thoughts on achieving this are appreciated.

Many thanks!
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »

not just for "Mandelbulb 3d " i do not own a copy of Microsoft Windows 7 +

stereo imaging " red/blue " or polarized or timing & shutter for the left and right image

is fairly easy to do ( even easier to DO VERY BAD )

for a animated rendering
just do two runs

one just to the left of the "center" and the second just to the right of the "center"

or

if you have a z-axis measurement using a Depth map to drape the image on.
you can use that to generate a "left eye" and "right eye" view

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
ShamanicHarmonics
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »

Okay so there is only "one camera" in Mandelbulb 3D (That was an unspoken part of my questions) wondering if there is a way to set 2 cameras side by side (like our eyes) and then render. I am more interested in the polarized 3D than the traditional red and blue 3D, but really I have no idea what I am talking about in terms of the mechanics of how to do this...
axewater
Alien

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »

afaik this is already baked into m3d ...
in the animation maker, select 'render stereo animation'
it will render each image from 2 views, giving you an image_left_001 and image_right_001 or something, then use 'stereo photo maker' to merge the images into a single image (SBS or TB 3d, whichever one you need, SBS is most common)
Then use virtualdub to make a video file from the image sequence
ShamanicHarmonics
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:08:35 PM »

That's Stereo 3D, not passive 3D.
axewater
Alien

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »

not sure what you mean by that ... all 3d requires 2 images. passive and active just means shutter glasses (active) or polarised glasses (passive)
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 09:52:04 PM »

Hey. Have a look into my stereo animation tutorial:
http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/stereo-animations-with-mandelbulb-3d-stereophoto-maker-virtual-dub-and-youtube/

Of course you are rendering two images - left and right eye. Then the display should show them correctly in 3D depending on the technic it is using. Just the same way as you can switch the 3D options of youtube. I can see my stereo animations via cross-eye-view  surprised at the side-by-side option or via red-cyan-glasses or via shutter glasses. My parents TV automatically turns on the shutter glasses when you watch a stereo video at youtube. It think the polarized systems work the same way.
Just check out my stereo fractal animation and see what the system does:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA52c3hK9X7Gtqtqc2_NQK2v1OYUgb9fR

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: