Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Plotting field lines during iteration...  (Read 2755 times)
Description: A question about an escape condition that results in a field line plot...
Chris Thomasson
Conqueror

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 02:28:53 AM »

cool paper, yes, line integral convolution is very mighty, i love seeing them in motion ! snapshoting a vector field and seeing its motion distribution is just cool wink

I agree about the paper, and the overall technique. What a great method to help an observer visualize a vector field in a given state of motion.

When I get some more time, I will go ahead implement this!

Thanks again for the heads up.

;^D
claude
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

I don't think increasing G will help in the long run (as you zoom deeper, I think the required G increases without bound).  This is why I find the method unsatisfactory (a kind of mathematical aesthetics), even though the images look interesting.

The glitch occurs because Z can get really small sometimes, with the following Z being a more regular size.  The iteration count where Z gets small can be visualized using atom domains, see the link Adam posted.
Chris Thomasson
Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »

I don't think increasing G will help in the long run (as you zoom deeper, I think the required G increases without bound).  This is why I find the method unsatisfactory (a kind of mathematical aesthetics), even though the images look interesting.

The glitch occurs because Z can get really small sometimes, with the following Z being a more regular size.  The iteration count where Z gets small can be visualized using atom domains, see the link Adam posted.

I think I most likely have to totally agree with you on this one. Thank you for taking a look, and actually trying it out claude.

I am wondering if G can dynamically scale along with the current zoom scale. Well, now there is a problem, if you set G to the largest number its type can hold, then the escape condition would never trip, right? Humm...

Well, at least this does work for some levels of zooming.

Yikes!

;^o

Need to think a lot more on this...

Thanks again claude!

:^)
Chris Thomasson
Conqueror

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »

Humm... This is just a shot in the dark, but what if Z was a float and G was a double? Would that avoid the glitch popping its ugly artifacts out wrt zooming into the limits of a float?

Damn!

;^o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: