Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 01:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal Forums banner at top of page  (Read 1588 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

Hi

I've noticed the banner at the top of the page doesn't always show.  When it is shown, below it is the text "Logo by xxx" but when the logo doesn't show there is also no text displayed.

Surely you don't want to have a chance where no logo is displayed at the top of the page.  I can't be more specific about why it happens.  If it helps, I do have an ad blocker running on my system.  Maybe I'm supposed to see an advert in place of the logo?

Edit: Having temporarily disabled the adblock plugin, I now do see the odd advert in place of the banner.  Thinking about this, I'd rather always see a fractal forums banner at the top of the page and if you were including an advert put it below the banner.  That way you always have the name of the forum at the top of every page.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:52:55 PM by simon.snake » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »

right, the display of logo is 80% over an ad, this is because the ads make most value at this position, think about deactivating your adblocker for the forums cheesy

the space is to valuefull, two rows at start does not make sense, and hence the logos can be very wide it is also not easy to show them side by side, but i will take a look into it, perhaps
do some logik to display an ad always if space is available, i am afraid but i need to rely on these ads because the "low" income is paying for the hosting of the site... which comes not for free these days wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:11:29 AM »

I understand you get a small income from the adverts so I am going to stop blocking them on the site.  I hardly ever click on adverts but I will do once in a while on here.

I'm just not sure an Advert completely replacing the logo is sensible as then there is no Title of the site on the screen when an Advert is there.

One suggestion.  Put a small banner (say 100 or 200 pixels wide) to the left of adverts.  That way, the name of the site is always displayed and then the advert to the right.  It looks like there should be plenty of room for that.

I'll even have a go at creating one specifically for that purpose.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 12:30:53 AM »

Here's one I prepared earlier.

* Fractal Forums scrolling banner.gif (16.88 KB, 250x53 - viewed 240 times.)

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:07:05 AM »

i adjusted it, the logo is now visible all the time, and the banner as well wink

you can upload your banner right into the banner section of the gallery:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=27

---

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »

There still seems to be the odd page that comes up without a banner but with an advert, or with a banner but no advert.

Did you leave the 80%/20% code in place?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »

okay, now it should be always the same, all randoms removed cheesy

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: