Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello, I come bearing gifts!  (Read 438 times)
Description: New member, old fractalist
Sya
Forums Newbie

StacyReedArt dreamsindigital
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

Hello to all fellow fractal enthusiasts and artists! Thank you for accepting me to the forum.

A quick introductory before gifts... Hi, my name is Stacy Reed, aka Sya, aka She Dreams In Digital and I'm obsessed with fractals. I'm a fractalholic. I've been at it a long while, probably not as long as many of you, but I started in the late 90s. I've been a software reviewer and librarian by trade for the last decade and a half, and as such, I've archived a nice personal collection of old school fractal freeware, which you can access by clicking the following Dropbox link:

[EDIT]LINK DELETED[/EDIT]
this link has been removed due to copyright problems

It is in no way a complete archive, but I noticed some older forum posts where someone was looking for Vchira. It was one of my favorites by Stephen C. Ferguson so it prompted me to become a member and share some of these old apps with anyone who would like to play around with them.

The collection includes:

Chaoscope 0.1 and 0.2
ChaosPro 3.0
Fractal Explorer 2.00
Kaos Rhei 0.9
Mandelbulb 3D 1.6
Tess 1.41
Sterling 1.7
Tiera-Zon 2.7
Vchira 0.05
Aros Fractals 1.0
Elise 0.3.6

I've also included a couple different Apophysis apps (since it's my fav) with some old and new scripts, as well as a version of HQI.exe

Great to be here, thanks again for having me!

-Sya

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:26:12 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums, a list of apophysis hacks would indeed be quite informative wink somewhere is a 3d hack and some contain interesting transforms ... i for myself am not too much into this old school software for once i am a happy owner of ultrafractal, and all the other stuff can be done with very active developed freeware, like jwildfire (apophysis replacement) or mb3d and mandelbulber nevertheless many people might find it very interesting to find such old software collected in a single place

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sya
Forums Newbie

StacyReedArt dreamsindigital
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »

I mostly use Apophysis myself. I noticed that there are a couple references to my tutorials in your past forum posts, as well as resources provided over at the Apophysis group on DA, which I founded. smiley
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 05:52:31 PM »

i see, so nice to have you here as well wink dont hesitate introducing you properly with the interesting/resourceful links you do

you know we have an (rather silent) apophysis section which could make use of linked tutorial lists that i can make sticky then
http://www.fractalforums.com/apophysis/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
surrealista1
Navigator

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

very nce gift, i have in use some of them. I had too a collection of fractal music software that i had lost and they are not available now sad
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: