Logo by JosLeys - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 06:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Artwork behind clear glass kitchen splashback  (Read 2665 times)
Description: An idea I had to brighten up my kitchen
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:12:50 AM »

I finished a small project today which consisted of cutting out and sticking together this collage of fractals and placing them behind a piece of glass on the wall behind my induction hob.

Clicking the image will open a full size version hosted on my server.  Please save it to your local machine if you wish to view it again, as I have a quite low monthly allowance.  Thanks.

I originally selected 57 of my fractal images, turned them grayscale and saved them into a folder together, added them to a Serif Page Plus publication, two per A4 sheet and printed them on quite thick card.  I then used an old fashioned guillotine to cut two edges off of each image (three on the left-hand and top images) and used the two remaining edges as guides to overlap them on to each other.  This was then stuck onto further sheets of A3 paper and then the whole thing was held up against the glass and four screws affixed it to the wall through pre-drilled holes.  Tomorrow I will be getting out my sealant gun and making sure it is water tight around the whole kitchen to complete the project.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:31 AM »

very cool, that was exactly my idea when making up my flat but i never realized it, water-proof ceiling behind plexiglas was the idea wink but to much work in real life for me wink nice one

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
matsoljare
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:37:10 PM »

Doesn't the induction itself create fractal patterns?
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:57:49 PM »

I don't know much about the induction but if I put a pan of water on to heat up I can see resonance (if that is the right phrase) in the water.  Never really tried to observe it in more detail.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
steelsoldat
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 06:41:07 PM »

This is kind of off topic, but if you have a low allowance of bandwidth I could try to find the source for using free google apps engine as a CDN. Would be glad to make a little tutorial on it
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: