Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Do parameters save color info - Mandelbulb 3D  (Read 2999 times)
Description: I'm wondering what colors don't always match when I load parameters
webTech
Forums Freshman

« on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:14 AM »

Hello all, This is my first post so forgive me if I come across as ignorant. I recently stumbled upon Mandelbulb 3D and I have to say this is the coolest thing I have seen in awhile. I figure it would be a good idea to start playing around with the parameters others have so kindly shared to get a feel for things. I have noticed some times the colors don't come out right. Parameters do save color info right? I'm guessing this might mean that a image map was used. Are there any other reasons the colors would fail to match when loading parameters?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:18:27 PM »

Hello all, This is my first post so forgive me if I come across as ignorant. I recently stumbled upon Mandelbulb 3D and I have to say this is the coolest thing I have seen in awhile. I figure it would be a good idea to start playing around with the parameters others have so kindly shared to get a feel for things. I have noticed some times the colors don't come out right. Parameters do save color info right? I'm guessing this might mean that a image map was used. Are there any other reasons the colors would fail to match when loading parameters?

Yes, coloring and lights are saved in parameters.

And yes, a map could cause the differences you see if a map is different or missing.

Got an example?  You should be able to tell if this is the case by examining the lighting tab and looking for map numbers.

Welcome to the forums and I hope that helps!   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
webTech
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:22:17 AM »

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I'm going to read up on maps and lighting in general. Are there any sites you would recommend for tutorials?
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »

All is here, which is apparently too much.  grin

http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/

webTech
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:11:46 AM »

Thanks i'll check that out
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print