Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Theoretical and Practical Questions  (Read 1336 times)
Description: [rephrased]
Mahmut
Alien

Fractal & Robin

« on: December 21, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »

a 3d fractal are series little points of a thing that recreates itself on a 3d   x^2+c or such manner, and can remain "in" the "object" sustaining the repeated x^2+c force and not leaving to infinity. Although we use complex numbers we can observe a nice outcome on a real 3d axis and I mean on a sensible axis. So that somehow shows a realtionship between countable and imaginary numbers.. existent and not existent, as long as it translates to measures like cm/pixels/ m^3..
1. Is that right?

Then what do we get if we itterate some results of the object points with the same function as an input or as a c every time each time. or both.
2. Has anyone tried something like that? Has it any basis?

i want to try that with Processing but
3. i still haven't undestood how can this be x^2+c test:    

Code:
  // Now we test, as we iterate z = z^2 + cm does z tend towards infinity?
    float a = x;
    float b = y;
    int n = 0;
    while (n < maxiterations) {
      float aa = a * a;
      float bb = b * b;
      float twoab = 2.0 * a * b;
      a = aa - bb + x;
      b = twoab + y;
from mandelbrot  tongue stuck out and everything is in english.. it seems like identities ...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:49:09 PM by Mahmut » Logged

« Last Edit: Today at 66:66:66 PM by Mahmut »
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »

I'm a little confused by your questions, but I'll try to answer anyway.

1. It has nothing to do with real or unreal. The term imaginary for the right (as in opposed to left) part of the complex numbers has nothing to do with fantasy, virtual, reality or imagination. Well, maybe for historical/language/cultural reasons.

2. Thats exactly how escape time fractals work. I think you do not fully understand the escape time fractal method. Or I misunderstand your questions.

3. I see your code is from https://processing.org/examples/mandelbrot.html . You can check http://classes.yale.edu/Fractals/MandelSet/ComplexIteration/ComplexIterRef.html for more understanding.
Mahmut
Alien

Fractal & Robin

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »

I'm a little confused by your questions, but I'll try to answer anyway.

1. It has nothing to do with real or unreal. The term imaginary for the right (as in opposed to left) part of the complex numbers has nothing to do with fantasy, virtual, reality or imagination.
heheh of course, i mean imaginary numbers like i^2=-1 not fantasy and imagination tongue stuck out maybe i didn't write it right. Imaginary numbers need imagination to understand though tongue stuck out .

Well, maybe for historical/language/cultural reasons.
We can observe something through a science or generally. Both are useful

2. Thats exactly how escape time fractals work. I think you do not fully understand the escape time fractal method. Or I misunderstand your questions.
I understand this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set#Escape_time_algorithm . I'm wondering if we can take numbers of the results (of border to a depth points? of volume?, the size of distances between borders to a depth?) and create something new. I mean something like y=x^2+ result_numbers or y=x^(result_numbers) + c or something like that . Would something like this have a basis, or how could something like this have a basis? I'm not talking about something specific.. I hope I can discuss with people who know more about these things in the forum.
that's seems a good source, thank you
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:59:13 PM by Mahmut » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »

you might find it interesting how i visualised the mandelbrot iteration, what is visualised there is the same how 3d fractals work, points are transformed until iteration limit is reached or bailout radius is escaped

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bR_oq4tszuU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/bR_oq4tszuU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Mahmut
Alien

Fractal & Robin

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »

very nice, i understand bailout radius, but not fully the tutorial..
good job with the audio visual panorama grin that's the style
i will try to undestand

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »

Yeah, playing with numbers is always fun.

I'm not talking about something specific.. I hope I can discuss with people who know more about these things in the forum.

Oh, then it's simple. Generally speaking, something new is always possible. The possibilities are infinite.

But, if you want to discuss, we need a topic. A subject. Something a bit specific, which could be as vague as a specific idea or abstract concept. But a general discussion on nothing specific seems close to impossible.
Mahmut
Alien

Fractal & Robin

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »

youhn i asked 3 questions,
one specific to understand something better, one general and one practical
you helped me with some of them if you can't help me anymore and you think there is no meaning in talking generally please don't answer.

i'm talking about playing with numbers indeed. I'm asking wich way of playing has a meaning. Any related observations/ theories?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:34:22 PM by Mahmut » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: