Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Burning Ship Slopes  (Read 810 times)
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »

Slopes/Bump map encoding! Final magnification e110.

Each movie frame was rendered separately for this movie, in 1920x1080, since this encoding slightly changes the over all coloring of the images.

Next time I should use more Anti-Alias though, because the dense areas get "sparkling" when rendering them from scratch for each movie frame.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gHXkDi7oYr8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/gHXkDi7oYr8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

So I change the code of KF a bit to save only jpeg images and zoom out 1.035 instead of 2, which is about equal to 20 movie frames per key frame in KFMM.
This is a very tedious way of render a movie, but it seems necessary for this type of encoding.
I then use the old CreateMovie program that I used to create Movies with for the first versions of Kalles Fraktaler.

If anyone is interested in this, I can add some kind of UI in KF and make this available in next version?

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »

Looks great! Really makes me wanna touch it, feel the rougness/smoothness contrast. Strange too see how fake-3D methods can make the fractal appear so much more real. Wait, of course it's real. I mean solid, as in matter.

Tedious as in computing power I guess, or do you mean the post-processing of getting al pictures into a movie? I don't mind each single frame as an image. In fact, this would make certain post-processing methods easier.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

Amazing. It looks like some realistic structures. It would be great to make movies with this effect.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »

Beautiful!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: