Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:41:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: program not worth too Much noise help !!  (Read 603 times)
Frank Krischick
Forums Newbie

https://www.facebook.com/
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »

i'm having this noise problem when i get closer to the object when i zoom into it
maaan this is not for easy programming
any help perhaps ?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »

i'm having this noise problem when i get closer to the object when i zoom into it
maaan this is not for easy programming
any help perhaps ?

What program?

You posted in "Discuss Fractal Forums."  Perhaps after we know what program you are using this can be moved to a place where you may get some help.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Frank Krischick
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:47:22 AM »

i use Mandelbulb3D  v 1.8.9
if i can get help with that i'll be fine
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »

try posting a picture, it's easier to help then..

I think the most common advice is to render in higher resolution and then use anti aliasing..
so if you want 1980*1024 as end-resolution, render in 7680*...  and then reduce size to 1:4

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »

Have you tried experimenting with the settings on the 'Calculation' tab? The first step is to try reducing 'raystep multiplier'. (Try a factor of two or three at first). If you're still not happy by the time that's down to 0.01, try reducing the 'stepwidth limiter' number as well; you can also increase the 'smooth normals' number and uncheck 'normals on DE.' All these settings increase the calculation time, so don't turn them all to max at once! For most fractals, also, you dont want 'DE stop' to be too small, particularly for full-size renders -- and increasing that decreases compute time, so it may be worth a try.

One more thing: some fractals look much better without reflections -- turning reflections on seems to emphasize the flaws and roughness.

Unfortunately, some formulae are just noisy. sad But a lot of them can be tamed with the right settings, if you have the patience and the computing power for a long render.

Frank Krischick
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »

i have 8,00 GB ram memory
nvidea Geforce GTX 650
Intel(R) Core(TM)i770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

and a good videocard
i can try big renderings

i'm only on my 3rd day
using this program
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:26 PM »

Can you make a screenshot at the moment you encounter the noise problem and post it to the forum here?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »

i have 8,00 GB ram memory
nvidea Geforce GTX 650
Intel(R) Core(TM)i770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

and a good videocard
i can try big renderings

i'm only on my 3rd day
using this program

Hi.

MB3D is a 32 bit program, and as such extra RAM doesn't help much.  It can't use more than 4GB.  It also makes no use of the GPU, so a graphics card makes no difference.

As for the noise issues - it has been correctly stated that it's a trade off on rendering time vs quality.  If you are more interested in the finished piece of art than the "purity" of the fractal, consider just "fixing it in post production" - it is much faster and you have far more control.  But many people prefer these things be "straight from the program" which can be very limiting.  Blurring noise, deleting stray points, and even minor masking/cloning all save hours in render time (if not days for large renders!).

It's all up to you.  We can't give the best answer without the actual parameters being used as the best solution is unique to each situation and the preferences of the user.

Hope that helps.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Frank Krischick
Forums Newbie

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »

i think i've got the hang of it now
Frank Krischick
Forums Newbie

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:38:28 PM »

just have worked with the depth of field a bit with 3 passes
with that i don't need much distance fog
Pages: [1]   Go Down