Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 04:50:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Invention of the IFlame  (Read 7037 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: November 16, 2014, 01:50:53 AM »

Just finished a prototype for an idea I had in mind for now such a long time, but never had much time to do it, until now. I call it the "IFlame", a symbiosis of computer images and flame fractals. The basic idea is to exchange the pixels of the image by small fractals. The fractals should have rather simple shapes, should be in monochrome color and occupy only a small area of the screen. But you can use any number of them, and apply weights to them. Here are some first complete renders from the experimental new software (currently called "IFlames"). Not only raw fractal, but raw fractals ;-)

"Evolution"

"Kiss of death"

"The window"
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »

Looks promising, look forward to trying it
istinn
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »

very nice idea, as far as I can see, flame parameters try to follow the image at "hard lines" or "patterns" level and palettes are borrowing colors from it at pixel level.
a transparency blending with the image could be useful if there is a (down-scaled image?) preview like the editor preview in jwildfire.
looking forward to try the first experimental version
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:41:58 PM by istinn » Logged
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 11:52:48 PM »

Thanks!
And, you are right, I'm creating a special variant of the image for finding edges. Then I place fractals (randomly distributed, you can specify the depth) along those edges and take the color of the image at this location as main color for the fractal.

You can have upto 6 different base fractals per image, there are currently two options to control distribution: pur random and hue-related (i. e. specify a hue-range to select a certain shape)

And since today there also "parameter fields". I. e. you can specify an additional image to control local change of a certain fractal-property. For example, if you have a polygon-shaped fractal, you can change the number of edges over position.

There is also an option to blend the original image.

I have decided to turn this module into a variation at first (with really lots of params), so all stuff like preview, realtime-parameter-change, rendering etc. is available by using the default JWildfire-platform. If people like it, I will later create a own software, which is easier to use.

Release is today,
have fun! :-)

Andreas

P.S.: Here is an example of the parameter field: lower brightness contracts the rect-shaped fractal, higher brightness
expands them:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:54:54 PM by thargor6 » Logged
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 01:46:22 AM »

I now have released a comprehensive tutorial (together with a new version of the software): http://www.andreas-maschke.de/java/jwildfire_tutorial08.pdf

Enjoy!

Andreas

P.S.: Example image: http://www.andreas-maschke.de/java/jwildfire_tutorial08.png
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »

I have now created the first animation of an iflame. The basic idea is to treat the members as physical particles and to animate them. In the first implementation I used the most simple (hand-coded) motion possible:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/07t9c5JPcuk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/07t9c5JPcuk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Here is a vimeo-link:
<a href="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=117088061&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=117088061&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 01:27:55 AM »

Tonight I released the first version of the editor, I will also post it soon on this forum, here is a screenshot:

It is now possible to create swarms of mutations of flames and to animate them, but this will require some decent amount of memory (5 GB for the app will be fine in most cases)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 01:42:57 AM »

FANTASTIC cheesy

here is the download link:
http://www.andreas-maschke.com/?page_id=351

@thargor we should make a sticky download thread here

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:12:52 AM »

@thargor we should make a sticky download thread here
Thanks! But you are the master here, no idea how to make such a thread :-) You may link to the page you just cited, this url is static (even if looks cryptic) and always leads to the current version.

Best regards,
Andreas
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 03:18:10 AM »

hehe, ok i did just that, i am going to set ownership of it to you, that enables you to edit main post, changelogs in the thread

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »

Many thanks!  A Beer Cup
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: