Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Easy skew function - Kalles Fraktaler 2.7.3  (Read 1227 times)
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »

Shortcut key Ctrl+K opens a dialog with 2 fields, one for stretch percentage, one for rotation degrees.
When this dialog is active, the image is stretched accordingly, to give a sense of the effect.
Extreme stretching will of course show a blurry preview, but is at least something.
When OK is clicked the view will be re-rendered in full detail.
Please note that a full precision division is performed when OK is clicked, so it can sometimes take a moment to calculate the view after this is applied.
And extreme skew also makes the zoom in function less precise when using large zoom size (I usually use 32).
However movies using zoom size 2 are still rendered correctly!

Since integer degree value are used for rotation, it may not be possible to fine tune the rotation when using extreme stretching. However the ordinary rotation function can be used to fine tune further.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:52:02 AM »

That's great! It's amazing to see nice patterns emerging out of the stretched-out mess.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the ability to save jpeg images in a zoom-out sequence. The prompt is there, but even though I browse to the folder to put the images in, only the kfb files are getting written. (Also the ability to create a new folder seems to be missing from that widget.)

Also, when I finished zooming out and tried to reset the skew, the program crashed.

(This is with a skewed perpendicular celtic, but I doubt it's fractal-specific.)
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:58:30 AM »

Is Kalles Fraktaler 2.7.3 up yet?
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »

I think I found a small bug. Sometimes when I rotate the image it does that correctly but sometimes the rotation changes with one or more degrees.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »

Is Kalles Fraktaler 2.7.3 up yet?
Seems the webpage wasn't updated, but now it is.

That's great! It's amazing to see nice patterns emerging out of the stretched-out mess.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the ability to save jpeg images in a zoom-out sequence. The prompt is there, but even though I browse to the folder to put the images in, only the kfb files are getting written. (Also the ability to create a new folder seems to be missing from that widget.)
Thanks!
Yeah, the jpegs cause so much problems, and aren't used by KFMM anyway, so I wanted to remove them all together.
If you very much want them back, I can put them back for you... smiley

Also, when I finished zooming out and tried to reset the skew, the program crashed.

(This is with a skewed perpendicular celtic, but I doubt it's fractal-specific.)
OK, I'll try that...

I think I found a small bug. Sometimes when I rotate the image it does that correctly but sometimes the rotation changes with one or more degrees.
Were you using the Skew dialog? How much was the view stretched? Since it is using integer values, it is not exact precise when using hard stretching. Fine tuning the rotation can be made afterwards with the ordinary rotation function (Ctrl+T)

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:11:49 PM »

Were you using the Skew dialog? How much was the view stretched? Since it is using integer values, it is not exact precise when using hard stretching. Fine tuning the rotation can be made afterwards with the ordinary rotation function (Ctrl+T)

Yes I used the dialog. I stretched the view 10000%.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »

Yes I used the dialog. I stretched the view 10000%.
The combination with hard stretching makes one degree have much more effect to the view...

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »

Unfortunately I seem to have lost the ability to save jpeg images in a zoom-out sequence.

Just try to keep the rendering window active. For me, it works only if the window is not minimized.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: