Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 04:30:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Animation Image Failure?  (Read 2477 times)
Description: A complete failure for saving images when animating
TautologicalRecursion
Forums Newbie

« on: October 10, 2014, 03:43:02 AM »

So I ran a small animation (my first!  grin) the other day, and it worked seamlessly! Encouraged by this progress, I compiled 49 key frames and decided to try a full animation. The program started rendering, and I didn't think much of it as I went to bed to let it render overnight. However, when I checked very excitedly this morning, I was surprised to only find one image in the destination folder! I stopped the animation, and it was true: there was only one image saved (even though almost 1,000 frames had supposedly been processed)!

The worst part of this is that I can't fix the problem. That is, the animator will either
     A) render and render and render, displaying progress as usual, but only save one image (the last frame it had processed)
     B) render one image, then speed through about a thousand images a minute on the counter, well past the total frame number, while still only saving one image (the first)

The naming formatting appears different than my first example as well. I've tried rebooting, closing Mandelbulb, and even doing a completely new animation fails. (I'm importing from 3D Navi using the F key, animating with the standard settings, and using an output folder I chose through the program...I have no idea if any of these are to blame.) I love this program, and the animation is amazing. I really like my current .m3a, so I really want some help.  undecided Thanks guys and gals.

EDIT: Changing version of Mandelbulb from 1.7.9 to 1.8.9 did not change the problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:03:29 AM by TautologicalRecursion » Logged

Necrophilia ain't dead!
Mogno
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »

Just started having the same problem. Only the current frame is rendering & saving. The zbuffer files are saving alright.
Tried changing the initial animation export directory but doesn't work. Tried it in another pc but same result.

Previous projects are working fine. Seems like maybe there's something wrong with the settings.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:14:13 AM by Mogno » Logged
TautologicalRecursion
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:17:12 AM »

I've gotten it to work now, though I'm unsure how. My only guess is that I changed the output folder to a subsidiary of the actual Mandelbulb source folder. In other words, instead of outputting to another folder under My Pictures, I'm now just exporting them to a folder contained within my Mandelbulb v1.8.9 folder. I'll just move them in...around 50 hours.  tongue stuck out

Necrophilia ain't dead!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: