Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Rendering is pixelated  (Read 266 times)
Doombringer
Forums Newbie

« on: September 22, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »

Hi all

I am very new to this program, but what I have seen it can do looks so awesome - so I had to give it a shot.
I am currently just playing around with the mandlebox, but my rendering product looks very pixelated (please see the attached photo).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

* Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 11.06.52 PM.png (246.12 KB, 387x292 - viewed 123 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »

...I am very new to this program, but ...

Ummm...

What program?

There are many possibilities!

The image looks like that may just be lighting, but need more information to be sure.

But welcome to the forum anyway!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Doombringer
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »

I am using Mandelbulber2

My lighting setting:
Cast shadows (enabled)
Penetrating Lights (enabled)

Intensity 1
Visibility 1
Size 1

Then some angles of the light...

I have enabled light #1-4 all with an intensity of 1
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »

I am using Mandelbulber2

OK, I never could get the hang of Mandelbulber, so can't advise here apart from suggesting turning lights down to the bare minimum and slowly increase to see what happens, assuming you have not already tried that.

Hopefully that will do it, but if not then maybe somebody who uses Mandelbulber will pop in and help.

Good luck with it   afro

EDIT - If Mandelbulber has a "DE Stop" setting like Mandelbulb 3D, increasing that will reduce "dust" and connect separated bits.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:41:47 PM by Sockratease » Logged

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Doombringer
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

Oh, I never realized that I had choices as to which program to use. I'll try switching to mandelbulb 3D smiley

Thanks for your feedback
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »

Oh, I never realized that I had choices as to which program to use. I'll try switching to mandelbulb 3D smiley

Thanks for your feedback

Great!

And yes, the sheer number of available programs is one of the best things about Fractal Play - I suggest trying as many as you can find and seeing which ones fit you best.

Some of my favorites Fractal Generators are not popular at all, but they just "clicked" with my warped brain - so they remain my favorites.

I also use some popular ones like MB3D, but I always go by what works for me rather than a program's popularity.

Good luck on the quest!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: