Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Synthclipse 0.9.6 released.  (Read 1787 times)
_revers_
Conqueror

« on: September 10, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »

Synthclipse 0.9.6 released. Downloads.

Changelog:
- Added Spout sharing functionality on Windows (see screenshot below)
- Fixed rendering with custom Viewport size in JSX scripts
- Fixed block comments parsing inside a code
- Fixed GLSL Sandbox importer

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:25 AM »

super cool, thank you !

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »

hi there, just tested the spout feature, it is working ... buuuuuuuut there is a little problem, because eclipse does not render in background, can i enable/disable application background behaviour ? same occured to me when rendering images in most cases it is ok to stay idle in background, but for rendering sequences and for spout output it has to continue render... wink

the behaviour might somehow eclipse induced, funny thing is when i work on second screen eclipse continues rendering, but for the spout thing the second screen is my current video display, so i cant switch screens easily sad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:29:22 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »

lol, now i need to take a peak into your javascript examples, i would like to make some kind of slideshow playing various shaders one after another, i think i can it work out with the example script you have provided

but i wonder how parameters are handled, do they occur tab-by-tab in an extensive javascript script, and furthermore i wonder if javascript can display property sliders as well wink

---

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »

hi there, just tested the spout feature, it is working ... buuuuuuuut there is a little problem, because eclipse does not render in background, can i enable/disable application background behaviour ? same occured to me when rendering images in most cases it is ok to stay idle in background, but for rendering sequences and for spout output it has to continue render... wink

the behaviour might somehow eclipse induced, funny thing is when i work on second screen eclipse continues rendering, but for the spout thing the second screen is my current video display, so i cant switch screens easily sad

I will investigate this in the evening.

lol, now i need to take a peak into your javascript examples, i would like to make some kind of slideshow playing various shaders one after another, i think i can it work out with the example script you have provided

but i wonder how parameters are handled, do they occur tab-by-tab in an extensive javascript script, and furthermore i wonder if javascript can display property sliders as well wink

You need to tell Synthclipse that you want a tab with parameters (in the Uniform Controls View) for particular shader or JSX script. Using one of:

Synthclipse.createControls(JSFragxRenderer) (example)

Synthclipse.createControls(GLSLProgram)  (example)

Synthclipse.createScriptControls() (example)

I see that there is a bug in the docs:
"Sets control parameters for a Uniform Control variables [...]"
is somehow missleading.

It should be:
"Creates tab with UI elements in the Uniform Controls View, that controls uniform variables [...]"
I will correct this later.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »

alright, thank you, so i have just another thing you could implement easily smiley it is the "downscale" functionality found in mandelbulb3d, when working on a complex shader it is often enough to render a small view, e.g. 1920x 1080 is too big but the desired resolution, so when developing clicking on "/4" would render it just 480 times big, a downscale list "/2,/3,/4" and so on would be helpful, and furthermore a render size preset drop down wink

---

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »

Do you mean functionality that makes easier using buffer size:

like buttons "Double size", "Half size" and a Combo Box with presest sizes? All working without the need of recompiling a shader?
I could certainly do that in the next version.
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 11:32:47 PM »

Looks fine? smiley
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 11:47:52 PM »

great, but in my mind smaller sizes would just be implemented as factors, /2 /3 /4 of selected size, and always aspect ratio correct fitted into the preview window wink
the presets in general are just fine, but overdesigned if smaller preview values would crumple up the list

---

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »

"1/2 Viewport", "1/4 Viewport" and "1/6 Viewport" always maintain aspect ratio of the Viewport, as in Fragmentarium. Do you think I should also add 1/3 and 1/5 ratios? (I've taken 1/2, 1/4, 1/6 ratios from Fragmentarium, in which there are no other predefined ratios).

As of the fixed sizes, they are optional. By default there is none defined.
All seen in the screenshot: "128 x 80", "320 x 240", "640 x 480", "800 x 600", "1024 x 768" are user defined.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: