Logo by lycium - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 08:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Synthclipse 0.9.4 released. Downloads.  (Read 3932 times)
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »

in fact i have so much fun with that ide, even code hinting works (ctrl-space) and what astonished me was that even code formatting works very nicely (CTRL-SHIFT-F) awesome tool!
Yeah, Eclipse is a great tool, I use it every day Grin with closed eyes One of the best Open Source IDE out there. And it is easly extensible (as you can see with Synthclipse).

can you explain how various importers/exporters work, i mean what is done with includes in fragmentarium i did not import anything yet, are includes copied as well ? and how is the shadertoy exporter meant to work ? does it create a single file out of various includes?

Fragmentarium importer is able to import only one file at a time. It translates almost all Fragmentarium directives to Synthclipse format (one not handled is a texture mode directive). Unfortunately it isn't able to resolve included files. One must import them manually. But if Vertex Shader is contained in a Fragmentarium file, it will be extracted and put in a separated Synthclipse ".vs" file.

Shadertoy exporter is quite detailed describied here. To cite the last parapgrah:
"Shadertoy Exporter will remove all Synthclipse Commands and "#ifdef SYNTHCLIPSE" blocks. It will also merge all included files (except of #include <synthclipse> - which ignores) into one file. Moreover, if you checked Use presets, it will export presets as global const variables, enabled by preprocessor definitions. Ordinary uniforms (those without Uniform Controls) will be also changed into global const variables."

regarding shadertoy i experienced that shadertoy is having a much more strict syntax, e.g. "1" is not interpreted implicitly as float, one need to manually make it a "1.0" to make it work in shadertoy is there a more strict compile mode available in synthclipse ?! usually the more strict modes are sometimes annoying but in general i would use them just to get the most compatible piece of code out of it...

I don't think it is possible but I will check this after work.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:45:54 AM by _revers_ » Logged
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

I've checked, unfortunately there is no way to turn on more strict compilation mode in the GLSL compiler.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »

i wonder how it is done on shadertoy, i mean they both have to use the existing glsl compiler provided by the graphics card driver, i heard that ati seems to do a more strict job on that, but since i have an ati card that is not complaining in synthclipse but on shadertoy there might be some stuff he does for hisself ... i dunno ... but dont mind its not a problem at all wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »

Shadertoy uses WebGL (based on OpenGL ES 2.0). Synthclipse uses desktop OpenGL 3+/4+. I think there is more than one compiler in the drivers. Differences are not only on warning/error messages but also in behavior (bugs), as you have seen with mod() function. I have also seen problems occuring both in Synthclipse and Fragmentarium (I've double checked this suspecting a bug in Synthclipse) but not in a browser/WebGL.

I wonder if I could create OpenGL ES 2.0 context instead of OpenGL 3+/4+ for ".stoy" scripts... I will check this later.

As of Synthclipse 0.9.5, the package is ready but it is not uploaded yet (62% as of now). Today I have really slow Internet connection and estimated time for finish is like 5-7 hours. I create proper topic when it will be finished.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »

that ,mod behaviour ... i have not figured out what the problem was, i rewrote the calculation and came up with a similar behaviour, i think - as you - it has to do with the sampling of the noise texture, i have posted another request in a new thread which might induce some work, but it is a pretty cool feature to deliver rendered shader to another program wink using spout

---

_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »

[...] I think there is more than one compiler in the drivers. [...]
I wonder if I could create OpenGL ES 2.0 context instead of OpenGL 3+/4+ for ".stoy" scripts...

I was searching a method to run WebGL/OpenGL ES 2.0 context on desktop and I found it is not possible in a vendor independent manner. Moreover I found that probably there are no multiple compilers in the drivers. Differences between WebGL and desktop OpenGL might come from different *GL implmentations. It seems that browsers use on Windows: ANGLE: Almost Native Graphics Layer Engine:

"The goal of ANGLE is to allow Windows users to seamlessly run WebGL and other OpenGL ES 2.0 content by translating OpenGL ES 2.0 API calls to DirectX 9 or DirectX 11 API calls.
[...]
ANGLE is used as the default WebGL backend for both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on Windows platforms. Chrome uses ANGLE for all graphics rendering on Windows, including the accelerated Canvas2D implementation and the Native Client sandbox environment.
Portions of the ANGLE shader compiler are used as a shader validator and translator by WebGL implementations across multiple platforms. It is used on Mac OS X, Linux, and in mobile variants of the browsers."
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »

i see, so, not a problem at all wink since it is easy to fix

---

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: