Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apophysis big picture rendering  (Read 226 times)
iwe
Forums Newbie

« on: August 22, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »

Hi,

I am new at this programm and i am just wondering about rendering a big picture for print. If the programm needs for rendering for example 50 hours, is it possible to stop it and continue to renderit it later? I mean with shutting down the computer and so? Or do I need to leave my computer / the programm the whole time on?

Thanks,
Iveta
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »

Hi,

I am new at this programm and i am just wondering about rendering a big picture for print. If the programm needs for rendering for example 50 hours, is it possible to stop it and continue to renderit it later? I mean with shutting down the computer and so? Or do I need to leave my computer / the programm the whole time on?

Thanks,
Iveta

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I don't use Apophysis, but can tell you that most software will be just fine if you put the computer to sleep or use hibernate.  You can't power down completely in the middle of a render without losing all work, but sleep/hibernate is different.

Hope that helps.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
iwe
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:18:07 AM »

Hi Sockratease and thanks,

than i will try it with hibernate.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: