Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 05:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Röyksopp & Robyn "Monument" (Music Video)  (Read 1305 times)
Description: Fractals FTW
Masato
Forums Newbie

« on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »

Hi!

So I've recently finished some CG shots for a music video by Röyksopp & Robyn and thought I'd post it here seens I've been lurking around these forums during production to learn Mandelbulb3D software. It really is an awesome program once you get the hang of it (thou I still got alot to learn when it comes to tweaking the fractal parameters) but at least now I know enough to be able to hopefully use it for more future projects.

Here's the video. (Fractal clip at 3:18)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6c-RbGZBnBI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/6c-RbGZBnBI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Enjoy.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »

this is great!
well done!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
brasnacte
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »

Yo -
I agree its great to see this- seeing some M3d in pro videos.
I did have however the feeling that the fractals were not quite on par with the rest of the video, especially the motion of the camera seemed somewhat uncontrolled.
The fractal itself was very nice though as was the rest of the video.
Did you do the rest of the CGI as well?

Julius
Masato
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »

Hi Julius! (Horsthuis?)

Yeah I know the camera animation were a tricky one to animated smoothly and to find a part of the fractal to be approved, ended up rendering 10 minutes of camera movement so the producer could pick a segment that he liked which is what you see in the video. If it were up to me I would've picked some other part, but cause of pretty tight deadline, limited budget etc there was no time to fix it and render it out in time for delivery. At the same time it was a learning process, had never used the program before so was a bit scary to have people breathing down my neck while trying to figure out the software, hehe!

Next fractal animation will be better for sure!

Used to do all my work in other 3D applications.
I also did some parts of the intro, her "face-morphing" and the "space-flight" scene. So had to multitask quite a bit to get everything done in time cheesy

/Marcus
Åvall Design
www.avalldesigns.com
brasnacte
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »

Hi Marcus,

thanks for taking the time to explain the process and circumstances, I'm still really impressed with the video and I think it's great that you guys had the balls to use something so experimental in a video like this. Great work!
and yes, it's Horsthuis indeed smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: