Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 09:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: My recent interest in fractals  (Read 276 times)
Description: New to the field of fractals
pswanson
Forums Newbie

« on: August 12, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

Hello,

I am a retired scientist/engineer who has recently become interested in creating fractals.  I am definitely new to this subject!  I have just begun learning how to use Ultra Fractal and also Apophysis, and I am beginning to read Michael Barnsley's book entitled "Fractals Everywhere".  I do have an interest and background in math.  But I find his book to be very challenging!  So it is taking me a while to get through it -- actually I am still the first chapter!  I know that I am going to have many questions and so I am happy that this forum is available.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums, take any time you want, and do not hesitate to ask!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: