Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: VoxelStack feature in MB3d1.8.9  (Read 1290 times)
Description: Can't Image Sequence into Fiji since all png files greyed out
gabrieli
Forums Newbie

« on: August 04, 2014, 02:03:56 AM »

This question involves using the Voxelstack (in Utilities) feature of MB3d1.8.9

I'm hoping that someone can resolve what I thought was simple problem but turns out may not be.

When I use MB3d (v1.8.9) to save .png slices of a fractal, I have no problem saving the slices
to an output folder.  However, when I try to use Fiji to load the image sequence, I can locate the output folder but it shows all the .png files greyed out and I can't load the sequence to assemble a mesh.

I've checked that I have the latest Java and that it is running.

This problem happens on my Mac Pro (OSX7.5) and also on both of my Windows 7 laptops.

My other alternative would be to learn about Mesh Lab which sounds more complicated than Fiji.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »

If you use (no JREs) Fiji then you probably also need to install the Java3D runtime.
gabrieli
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »

The solution turned out to be in plain sight.

After viewing a Youtube video on Voxelstacks in Mandelbulb 3d, I expected that, after saving slices,
I could open Fiji and just load my png image sequence as you should expect.

When I selected Import: Image Sequence in Fiji, there was no problem locating the png sequence but the png's were all greyed out and I couldn't select any of them by clicking as shown in the video.

I tried converting them to tiffs which made them show up as active in the selection window while their png versions were still greyed out. This conversion was not a viable choice when you have hundreds of png slices to assemble.

I won't go into all the other updates and systems I tried with no success.

Then, I accidentally (more out of frustration) clicked on the greyed out png files and I saw the dialog box that indicated the Sequence options and all was well.

So basically, the png list which shows up as inactive (greyed out), can be loaded by double clicking on any of the greyed out png's and I can use my fastest system for this purpose (MB3d using Crossover and Mac version of Fiji on a MacPro).

There goes an evening I'll never get back. At least I have some peace of mind and hundreds of MB3d files to play with in a new way.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: