Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Volumetric light with changing intensity in animations  (Read 3433 times)
Description: Volumetric light changes abruptly
schizo
Iterator

« on: July 16, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »

Hi Jesse,

I always wanted to do an animation with the cool volumetric light feature. Then I stumbled upon a great image by Len1 at deviantart that uses volumetric light. Len1 was so kind to share parameters so I started an animation with them.
While flying around and zooming in I noticed, that the volumetric light becomes brighter and brigther. That was reproducable: when you raise zoom and/or far plane (to still see distant objects at higher zoom), then the volumetric light becomes brigther.

I thought: not a problem, just dimm the light at the keyframes with higher zoom. This helps to work against the raising-brightness-effect but it creates another problem: the volumetric light doesn't dimm gradually, but it changes abruptly at the next keyframe.

See the following example and download the parameter files:
Example a) with zoom and far plane change - light becomes brighter and changes abruptly:
http://psykick.de/share/TitanValley_poslight_c_intensitybreak_noposchange.gif
http://psykick.de/share/TitanValley_poslight_c_intensitybreak_noposchange.m3a

Example b) no movement of camera, just a change in intensity of light 6 (the volumetric light)
http://psykick.de/share/TitanValley_poslight_c_intensitybreak_noposchange2.gif
http://psykick.de/share/TitanValley_poslight_c_intensitybreak_noposchange2.m3a

Problem also exists when the volumetric ligth is a Global light.

Hope you can reproduce it.
Thanx & greetz
schizo

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »

Hi Jesse...

I am not sure if you are aware, but Jesse is on an extended leave of absence for personal reasons.

He will review all the posts whenever he returns.  But nobody knows if will be in a day, a week, a month, a year, or more.

We all wish him well and hope he returns soon, but until then we must deal with the software "as-is"

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
schizo
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »

Hello Sockratease,
thank you for this information. it was new to me. hope everything will go in the right direction for him very soon.

wish you all the best Jesse!
may the chaos be with you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: