Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:25:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Lenticular 3D fractal for sale  (Read 4120 times)
Description: Hand-made lenticular 3D poster of a Mandelbulb3D fractal for sale
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

I am listing on eBay one of my lenticular 3D pictures of Mandelbulb3D fractals. The picture appears in full 3D without any viewing aids (like 3D glasses).
Item number: 331261638548
Have a look!
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »

Since it's too much trouble for me, I'm not looking it up. Perhaps if you post a direct link to the ebay page, more people will go for it.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »

Very cool!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »

Since it's too much trouble for me, I'm not looking it up. Perhaps if you post a direct link to the ebay page, more people will go for it.
Sorry, here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331261638548?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649.
You are invited to look it up.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 07:05:20 PM »

It's actually a very nice 3D fractal picture  Azn

Reminds me a little of a burning ship zoom that I've found. But yours on ebay is bigger, 3D and with more calmness. Here is my picture from http://jeroensnake.deviantart.com/art/For-breakfast-466505916 :

To compare with yours:

itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 06:04:23 PM »

Here is the anaglyph picture of the fractal.

* gold flower anaglyph reduced.JPG (104.25 KB, 362x513 - viewed 579 times.)
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »

It can be viewed with blue/red glasses (red on the left eye). Unfortunately the colors are not suitable for anaglyph rendering, so the viewing experience is unpleasant. This is not the case with the picture on eBay, but I cannot share it with you here.
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 03:57:51 AM »

Are you doing your own printing or using a service?
If doing your own, what software are you using

Let me know
Thanks
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »

Are you doing your own printing or using a service?
If doing your own, what software are you using
I do my own printing.
I use an Epson inkjet printer, and do myself the adjustment, lamination and cutting.
There are two software packages that I use. One software package is used to convert a fractal model to a lenticular sequence. The other software is for lenticular printing. All software that I use for this work is written by me.  I cannot sell it, or even give it to another party in its present state, since there is no user interface and no help.
My work is an outcome of several years of research on the subject. Although I am rookie as far as fractal art is concerned, I have a massive experience in R&D. Among other things I possess a Ph.D. title in Physics, with specialization in optics.
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »

I do my own printing.
I use an Epson inkjet printer, and do myself the adjustment, lamination and cutting.
There are two software packages that I use. One software package is used to convert a fractal model to a lenticular sequence. The other software is for lenticular printing. All software that I use for this work is written by me.  I cannot sell it, or even give it to another party in its present state, since there is no user interface and no help.
My work is an outcome of several years of research on the subject. Although I am rookie as far as fractal art is concerned, I have a massive experience in R&D. Among other things I possess a Ph.D. title in Physics, with specialization in optics.

Neat.

I take it you do not print the lens part? But are very accurate in the printing and alignment?
How many columns per inch (or cm) do you work with at the moment?
Any size (or field of view) limitation?
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »

I take it you do not print the lens part? But are very accurate in the printing and alignment?
How many columns per inch (or cm) do you work with at the moment?
Any size (or field of view) limitation?
I do not print directly on the lens, if this is what you meant. I print the interlaced image on paper, and then bond it to the lens.
The printed image and the lens are aligned to each other manually. I can achieve good results for sizes up to 1mx1m. The field of view depends on the lens. It varies between 25 degrees (deep 3D) to about 50 degrees (shallow 3D). I am working with lens densities from 20lpi to 100lpi. The picture presently on eBay is made with 40lpi lens and about 30 degrees field of view.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: