Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3D  (Read 614 times)
Description: Fractal maker
diamonds
Forums Newbie

« on: July 11, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

Hi My name is Rosie and I love fractals!!
I have just started using Mandelbulb 3D and would love to do some animation.
Could someone please tell me how to save to my PC so that I can view the animation please?

Thanks

Rosie xx  undecided
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »

Hi My name is Rosie and I love fractals!!
I have just started using Mandelbulb 3D and would love to do some animation.
Could someone please tell me how to save to my PC so that I can view the animation please?

Thanks

Rosie xx  undecided

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

MB3D does not save animations directly except as gif files from the preview window.

What it does do is save an image sequence which you can then compile into an animation using the video editing software of your choice  (this is where it gets tricky - you can use anything form VirtualDub, which is free, to Adobe After Effects, which can run in the thousands depending what package you choose).

What have you tried?  How far did you get?  Have you set up an animation you want to render yet?

Need a little more information to continue...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »

Welcome Rosie, I'm sure you will like it here! 

Socratease, thank you for your explanation to Rosie.  I'm glad I got answers even on questions I didn't ask grin 
I'm not that far yet but thank you for your input.  Didn't know about the gif for example, thought it would be jpeg.  So it's a bit the same as Chaoscope  I think, except than you use a second programme like Ani4chaoscope to render the fractals first after you set them to images. This is more direct I guess.  I'm gonna give it a try this week.  Won't bother you with the result though  wink
Have a nice day!

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »

Welcome Rosie, I'm sure you will like it here!  

Socratease, thank you for your explanation to Rosie.  I'm glad I got answers even on questions I didn't ask grin  
I'm not that far yet but thank you for your input.  Didn't know about the gif for example, thought it would be jpeg.  So it's a bit the same as Chaoscope  I think, except than you use a second programme like Ani4chaoscope to render the fractals first after you set them to images. This is more direct I guess.  I'm gonna give it a try this week.  Won't bother you with the result though  wink
Have a nice day!

Yes, like Ani4Chaoscope you end up with an image sequence.

Many other animation programs and nearly all Professional 3D Software do this.

When rendering a video file there is a lot of RAM overhead for codecs and compression and writing headers and even etc!  Image sequences are best because you can use them at any frame rate, they render with more security (like if a blackout occurs you can just pick up where the last frame ended) (or if you happen to be rendering a long sequence you can preview, start preliminary compositions, and most importantly spot errors of things like camera path WHILE the rest of the sequence is still rendering!)  (UNLESS you're stuck with UltraFractal which refuses to give even the first image until all images have been rendered  fiery - Yes, I will never forgive UF for that until it Finally gets corrected!!).

So by leaving the video compiling for after the images are done, you have much more control and a pristine source to render as many ways as you like until things like file size vs image quality of the finished video are optimized.  If you render a deep zoom to a video, then are unhappy with the compression, you must re-render everything  (recompressing already compressed video creates horrible artifacts and bad quality - just look at what happens on youtube and other video hosts!).  Whereas if you render an image sequence to video and are unhappy with the compression, you still have the frames and just need to recompile the video from the frames.  Since rendering the fractal image frames takes the longest it is silly to have to do that more than once.

Edit : Also, using image sequences simplifies adding things like titles, credits, special effects, and transitions to and from other clips.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:47:28 AM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: