Logo by teamfresh - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Presentation  (Read 1259 times)
Description: How to make a presentation about fractals interesting and easy to understand?
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »

Every year I have to make a presentation about a specific subject, for the next I want to choose fractals as a subject. But I'm probably the only on my school who understands fractals. So how can I make this all easy to understand?

I thought these should be at least in it:

-What are fractals
-History of fractals
-Kinds of fractals
-Fractal generation
-Imaginary numbers
-Fractal art
-Fractals in nature
-Fractal generating software

Are there other subjects I can add to make it interesting?

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »

hmm, i could provide you with my presentation about that exact subject, depending on the length of your presentation you need to cut out a bit

the layout for me was like this:

- coastline of england as description what the idea behind fractals
- along with history of the basic fractals - sierpinski, menger, cantor dust
- kinds of fractals could be an exaggeration, i mean it would take a whole presentation to cover that, but basically this would be done in your first slides where you talk about what fractals are, and include a short statement about where they can be found, in nature, in computers, used for clouds, mountains, trees and stuff
- imaginary numbers ... rather complex ...
- fractal art, yay
- fractal applications: surface analysis, topology analysis (e.g. detect human made structures from air pictures ) and last not least the good ole fractal antenna

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

hmm, i could provide you with my presentation about that exact subject, depending on the length of your presentation you need to cut out a bit

the layout for me was like this:

- coastline of england as description what the idea behind fractals
- along with history of the basic fractals - sierpinski, menger, cantor dust
- kinds of fractals could be an exaggeration, i mean it would take a whole presentation to cover that, but basically this would be done in your first slides where you talk about what fractals are, and include a short statement about where they can be found, in nature, in computers, used for clouds, mountains, trees and stuff
- imaginary numbers ... rather complex ...
- fractal art, yay
- fractal applications: surface analysis, topology analysis (e.g. detect human made structures from air pictures ) and last not least the good ole fractal antenna

I asked my teacher and he isnt sure about the length, but it is probably 30 minutes. But I may also write something about fractals.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: