Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Wanted: Regular reports from the Fractal Artist Conference in Spain  (Read 1443 times)
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:34 AM »

For those of us that could not make it, I am sure we would appreciate what transpired
I would have loved to be there, sincerely, but have a very ill parent and can not leave at the moment
But want to hear all about it

Best wishes to all the Attendees
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:12:48 AM »

hi there, this is christian typing, today was the first official meeting, and it was an awesome experience, today instead of listening to an opening ceremony we get known to eachother and shared our artistic experiences, jeremy brunet had a huge bag of 3d prints, janet parke had a nice collection of her work, many people there sharing experiences and sharing prints, in the evening frederic slijkerman appeared and shared some nice news about development status of ultrafractal 6, and yes i am going to leak one of the most exciting news concerning uf6: he built in pertubation theory for EVERY FORMULA YOU THROW INTO IT! release date is far from beeing realised  now, but, yes, he is implementing a generalized pertubation theory as optimization option, gpu support is most likely not coming, we just went home from a bar with frederic, and i hope he does not mind that i leak it wink

many people here, a very helpful javier organizing everything here at school of architecture, thats it for now!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »

Very cool

Thank you for the report and news. Please give my best to the attendies, and I continue to work on lenticular reproductions of my paintings and fractals....in particular the Ornamengenitalia have been converted and printed at 3 ft high, they are almost holographic, the effect is quite stunning

Best Wishes

Louis
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

i need to correct my leaking of uf6:

it works not in an automated way to generate a pertubation theory enabled formula, it will work that there will be a special section in the formula editor called "delta function" which will then be used to realize the pertubation theory

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »

Live report: JoeFRAQ is now demoing Xenodream

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »

Hello Louis!

The Sympposium is now over and I am very sorry you didn't have time to go here it has been a great experience.
The City of San Sebastian for a start is a new favourite!!!
And the arrangement of the Symposium has been over all expectations, big thanks to the organizers who pulled this through, it must have been much work!

I left early today with sadness of leaving all my new friends behind, but we will stay in touch!

Thanks also for the great seminars, I have a lot of new visions from the whole history of fractal art - it has been an honor to meet you.

Now out for sightseeing, pintxos and  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup afro

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »

Frederik confirms that UF6 will allow deep zoom at "normal" speed.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »

I too am very sorry to have missed all of you. I would have loved to been a part of the group and make friends of all.
As I said my father is very ill and I have put all traveling off for a while, but am excited for the people that did get to participate and thankful for such an event to occur even if I could not be there. I'll continue to perfect the lenticular process and work on simply skimming the surface of a few programs, and of course be amazed at all of you which really are masters of the craft.

Sorry to have missed you in particular Johan, the day will come

BEst Wishes

Louis
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: