Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 01:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber 1.16 64 Bit for Mac  (Read 299 times)
Description: After installation nothing happens ?
4world2c
Forums Newbie

« on: June 13, 2014, 06:11:35 PM »

I have spent about a week chasing this install problem - Read a lot of instructions - ( all Chinese to me... ) I get up to a point and nothing happens?  Can anyone help me?

# 1 - From: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/files/
Looking for the latest version? Download Mandelbulber-mac-1.16-64bit.pkg (21.0 MB)

So, I download this file and go through a normal install process.

#1 - Afterwards, the Mandelbulber Folder appears on my Apps. Along with an install file inside the folder...which cranks up Terminal
# 2 - Terminal asks me for my computer password to install....
# 3 -  Afterwards, I only get 2 lines = installation successful. That's it....
# 4 - I also see the Mandelbulber APP Icon which I double click to make the APP start. Nothing happens
# 5 - Nothing happens after that. The APP seems to comes up but not the program. There is nothing on the screen

I am very eager to try this program out, but I am confused as to the installation process, which I thought would be a straight forward installation.

What could I possibly be missing in the process ? Do I have a wrong version?
I also have tried all the above with XQuartz - The X Window System V2.76 - This only cranks up a window that says bash-3.2$

My Computer:

OSX 10.9.3
3.2 GHz Core 13
8 GB DDR3 Ram

I thank anyone who may be able to give me some pointers. Please keep them simple !!!!

smiley

Thank you !
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

Try selecting the app with the right button plus pressing control button and then select "show package contents".
Open the folder called "MacOS" and open "mandelbulber", now terminal will pop up with a message.
Please post the message you get, it will help us to understand what is going on.
I have spent about a week chasing this install problem - Read a lot of instructions - ( all Chinese to me... ) I get up to a point and nothing happens?  Can anyone help me?

# 1 - From: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/files/
Looking for the latest version? Download Mandelbulber-mac-1.16-64bit.pkg (21.0 MB)

So, I download this file and go through a normal install process.

#1 - Afterwards, the Mandelbulber Folder appears on my Apps. Along with an install file inside the folder...which cranks up Terminal
# 2 - Terminal asks me for my computer password to install....
# 3 -  Afterwards, I only get 2 lines = installation successful. That's it....
# 4 - I also see the Mandelbulber APP Icon which I double click to make the APP start. Nothing happens
# 5 - Nothing happens after that. The APP seems to comes up but not the program. There is nothing on the screen

I am very eager to try this program out, but I am confused as to the installation process, which I thought would be a straight forward installation.

What could I possibly be missing in the process ? Do I have a wrong version?
I also have tried all the above with XQuartz - The X Window System V2.76 - This only cranks up a window that says bash-3.2$

My Computer:

OSX 10.9.3
3.2 GHz Core 13
8 GB DDR3 Ram

I thank anyone who may be able to give me some pointers. Please keep them simple !!!!

smiley

Thank you !

4world2c
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14:56 PM »

TO: visual.bermarte
Here is what Terminal showed after following your instructions:

Last login: Fri Jun 13 16:02:22 on ttys000
/Applications/mandelbulber\ 1\ 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/MacOS/mandelbulber ; exit;
Macintosh:~ 4world2c$ /Applications/mandelbulber\ 1\ 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/MacOS/mandelbulber ; exit;
Log file: /Users/4world2c/.mandelbulber_log.txt
Detected 4 CPUs
Memory allocated
g_thread already initialised or not supported
Default data directory: /Users/4world2c/.mandelbulber
Default settings loaded successfully (/usr/share/mandelbulber/examples/default.fract)

(mandelbulber-bin:29737): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(mandelbulber-bin:29737): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:471: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "Check/highlight.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:474: Background image options specified without filename

(mandelbulber-bin:29737): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "mist",

(mandelbulber-bin:29737): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "equinox",

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1054: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "resize_grip.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1057: Overlay image options specified without filename

(mandelbulber-bin:29737): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "equinox",

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1428: Background image options specified without filename

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/scrollbar_lion.rc:85: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "Scrollbars/slider-horiz-insens.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/scrollbar_lion.rc:93: Background image options specified without filename

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:81: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "Panel/button-hover.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:84: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:91: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "Panel/button-active.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:94: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:101: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "Panel/button-active.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:104: Background image options specified without filename

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:434: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:444: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:454: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:464: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:474: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:727: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "/Nautilus/toolbutton.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:730: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:736: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "/Nautilus/toolbutton2.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:739: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/nautilus.rc:958: error: invalid string constant "theme-list-header", expected valid string constant

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/abiword.rc:4: Invalid symbolic color 'abiwordcombo_color'
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/abiword.rc:4: error: invalid identifier `abiwordcombo_color', expected valid identifier

/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1715: Unable to find include file: "oo.rc"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/list_headers.rc:85: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "tree.png"
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/list_headers.rc:86: Background image options specified without filename
/Applications/mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes/Lion Gtk Theme/gtk-2.0/rhythm.rc:11: error: unexpected string constant "rb-handle", expected character `='

visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »

Using the "show package content" find a folder named "Lion Gtk Theme" and try to replace it with this one> http://tiny.cc/mlbr
"Lion Gtk Theme" is in /Applications /mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/share/themes
or just get rid of all these complaints of the terminal with the removal of a file called "gtkrc" that you find in /Applications /mandelbulber 1 16/Mandelbulber.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gtk-2.0
Does it work for you?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:11:22 AM by visual.bermarte » Logged
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:02:32 PM »

I'm quite sure this is it > http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369  smiley
Apple store does not like GTK+.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: