Logo by Transdimensional - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Navigator Render ?  (Read 176 times)
Description: How to get the render in the navigator to show in the main view
Mandelbulber
Forums Newbie

« on: June 06, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »

Hi, i was messing with Mandelbulb and i got an interesting result which shows only in the navigator, its blue and cartoon-ic and i really don't know how i got such effect on my navigator, i want it to be also on my main window so that i can render it in a higher quality but it won't happen, the effect won't appear there and when i save and reload it, it disappears from the navigator, so i still have it open and i still can't figure out how i got it... i'm fairly new, i have been using it for only one day and half (had it for over two years though...)

Here is a picture to how it looks like:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/poewer-laraider/UnkownCartoonic.png~original

You can clearly see the difference between the render in the navigator and the main view, How did that Happen ? plz, help me figure that out because i don't want to lose it.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:27 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

When you say you were "messing with Mandelbulb and i got an interesting result which shows only in the navigator" do you mean Mandelbulber (as your user name implies) or Mandelbulb3D (which I think you mean).

I could never get Mandelbulber to run at all so am looking forward to the new build with new interface coming soon!

As for MB3D, if that is what you're using, the 3D Navigator in that program uses a different render engine than the main window and will always look different.  To overcome the drastic differences that sometimes happen try messing with various settings like Farplane, DE Stop, and even simple lighting  (it;s amazing how different the same formula can look with different lighting!).

Each case is unique, so sorry - but there is no blanket solution.

EDIT - Just saw the screenshot.  That looks perfectly normal to me.  If you like the loss of detail seen in the Navi, increase the DE Stop.  If you want those colors, play with the lights  (I think there is a way to move the Navi Lights to the main window - but forget how   bubble gum ).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:39:52 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: