Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:09:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Finally; abstract fractal art!  (Read 681 times)
AbstractVisionaryArt
Forums Newbie

Bridging the gap between Sacred and Abstract Art.

Metaphysical Mandalas @metamandalas
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »

I've created what I believe to be a new style of art, a fusion of fractal art, abstract minimalism, op-art, and visionary art. I call it abstract visionary art (I initially went with Metaphysical Mandalas, but many people probably don't know the meaning of at least one of those words). They are made using a digital technique analogous to screen printing. I look forward to sharing my art with you all!

My gallery may be found at AbstractVisionaryArt.com

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »

Hi AbstractVisionaryArt and welcome to Fractalforums. If you could show some of your images here, I'm sure more of us will see them.
AbstractVisionaryArt
Forums Newbie

Bridging the gap between Sacred and Abstract Art.

Metaphysical Mandalas @metamandalas
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »

Here are a few. Each one has an associated quote:

'Whorl'

How can we satisfy ourselves without going on in infinitum? And, after all, what satisfaction is there in that infinite progression? Let us remember the story of the Indian philosopher and his elephant. It was never more applicable than to the present subject. If the material world rests upon a similar ideal world, this ideal world must rest upon some other; and so on, without end. It were better, therefore, never to look beyond the present material world.

David Hume

'Reciprocity'

This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth:
As below, so above; and as above, so below. With this knowledge alone you may work miracles.
And since all things exist in and eminate from the ONE Who is the ultimate Cause, so all things are born after their kind from this ONE.

Hermes Trismegistus

'Eternal Return'

Time is infinite, but the things in time, the concrete bodies, are finite. They may indeed disperse into the smallest particles; but these particles, the atoms, have their determinate numbers, and the numbers of the configurations which, all of themselves, are formed out of them is also determinate. Now, however long a time may pass, according to the eternal laws governing the combinations of this eternal play of repetition, all configurations which have previously existed on this earth must yet meet, attract, repulse, kiss, and corrupt each other again.

Friedrich Nieztsche

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:42:00 PM by AbstractVisionaryArt » Logged

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

That last one I like. Has a bit more complexity and various ways to see patterns/symmetry.

rotating positions
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »

First of all, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will like it here!

The art you make is very nice indeed, it reminds me a bit at the pop-art style in the sixties.
Will check out your website for more.

Have a good day.
Grtz
Caleidoscope
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:05:09 PM by Caleidoscope » Logged

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: