Logo by stardust4ever - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 05:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Explain your user name  (Read 7835 times)
Styromaniac
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 06:22:02 AM »

My username is nothing more than a good rhyme for "pyromaniac". If you want a definition, then look up "styrene" and add it to the root meaning of any obsessive disorder. Hoila!
dharnia
Forums Freshman

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

Thanks Karl smiley
stigomaster
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

My name is really nothing but a play on my own name, Stig. I must have been around eleven or something when I first used it, and since then I have used it everywhere on the Internet... Except for my blog, where my username is Sostotigog. If you want to, you can pretend it is an Irish twist, (Stig O'Master) but I'm from Norway, so it is really not.
daffodil
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 01:09:23 AM »

wink
My username is one I chose long ago for use on Lord of the Rings websites. I love LOTR (the book, much more than the movies-I'm one of those silly purists!), and my favorite flower is the daffodil....so, since I also like the Hobbits (including Frodo and Bilbo) in LOTR, it just made sense to put it all together!

If anyone's interested in seeing my latest fractal art, you can go here:
http://www.autumngirl.redbubble.com
(For my Redbubble account, I finally chose a different username, autumngirl......I just really love Autumn!)
WallyWallWhackr
Forums Newbie

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 06:59:56 AM »

I originally used mine in Armagetron, a Tron Light Cycle game.
http://www.armagetronad.net/
  It also uses the letters WWW, which associates with the World Wide Web.
Which has no bearing on anything...  either, which fits perfectly with "CHAOS".  grin
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »

Bent-Winged Angel  Means that I'm "bent" in more ways than one.  Although not broken!

* EmoAngel.gif (15.91 KB, 170x138 - viewed 390 times.)

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »

Mine has some obvious connotations - blame that Danged Philosophy Degree!

It also has some less obvious connotations to those of us with particularly twisted minds   devil

I almost chose Playtoe, but ultimately went with the Teacher instead of the Pupil, partly because I just like The Socratic Method better than anything Plato claimed as his own ideas, and partly because there is no direct evidence Socrates ever existed outside the writings and imaginations of Plato.

I like the idea of a fictional character being considered one of the greatest thinkers of all time!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 12:48:02 PM »

my real name, in cyrillic
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »

I chose fracmonk (in haste) because I work on a standalone, usually with fractint, and use library for very limited internet access.  Not in academia, I'm kinda isolated.  I've been at it since mid 90's when it seemed imperative to write your own generators with BASIC.  Took awhile to figure how to register, log on, and post in these circumstances.  Due to seasonal work, summer access for me will be very sporadic, but I'll do my best to keep in touch.  Have done very interesting stuff you have not seen yet. I know, since I have not been able to search out its likes anywhere, either.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »

I am just one half of teamfresh. Olya and I came up with it once during a late night session and it grew and grew. We are a team - we are fresh! - teamfresh!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:12:08 AM by teamfresh » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 04:00:13 AM »

Mine is quite easy, it is the name of my company which I started back in the summer of 1969.  It is the name I also use for my Domain Name and web space.

But even though my middle name begins with the letter "N", the word "Nahee" is not even close to what my middle name really is.  In fact, the word "nahee" is just a spelling in English to represent the sound of a Siamese word (Thailand).  Pronunciation:  that is not a long "a", but a short "a" sound, as in NAH-hee.

It is very surprising how my real name is within the signature of every posting, but people here call me "Nahee".  Guess they can not read that far down within each posting.    cheesy   wink

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:37:55 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Thunderwave
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 04:19:57 AM »

I'm obsessed with sound,  crashing sound.  I love thunderstorms and lightning. A lightning wave could make sense as a light wave fractal, but thunder wave makes more sense for music and I love music in a story sense of pure sound organized in time, which does not exist, so therefore my music is a waste of time. LMFAO!!!  ROFL!!!!  What ?? !! sweet music rolling on floor laughing whistling and rolling eyes
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »

Toad is [one of] my favorite x-men characters, Beast being the first.  However, I cannot compare myself to Beast, his greatness surpasses my own.  I also sort of look like Toad

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: