Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello, etc  (Read 384 times)
Chordus
Forums Freshman

chordus
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:33:25 PM »

I've had an account on Fractal Forums for a while now, but have never really used it.  I now have a question to ask, but it seems rather rude to do so without an introduction, so here it is.

I've been working with fractals since I was 10, so about two decades now.  In the interest of fairness, my first fractals were about the quality you would expect from a 10-year-old with a computer from the early 90s and a copy of "Mandelzot" on a floppy. 

I really ramped up my skills when Fractal Domains came out (I've always had a Mac), and I've got hundreds of fractals sitting around, collecting digital dust.  I've got several dozen of my fractals hanging around my house, as well as at my cubical at work.  It looks great, and is infinitely cheaper than buying someone else's art.  I've never sold my fractals, and though I'd love bring in a bit of pocket change with my work, I've never gotten any real indication that anybody would be interested.  I tried selling a few on ebay once, and the fact that nobody bid so much as a dollar on them was enough for me to decide against future endeavors.

I got a computer capable of handling 3D fractals a couple of years back, and I've been spending most of my fractal-making time on making movies ever since.  Unfortunately, I never really picked up the musical know-how to create background music, so while the video is great (in my biased opinion), they fall a bit flat simply from lack of audio.  One of these days, I'm going to buy a Hurdy Gurdy, train myself to be the best in the business*, and create mind-blowing music for my entire catalog.  Until then, I'll make do with what I can.

I do math for a living, but in a field completely detached from Fractals.  Fractals are very much a side hobby; I've read a few books on the subject, and have a decent idea of how 2D fractals work, but I doubt I hold a conversation with experts on the subject.  Realistically, my 3D fractal abilities are only a step above "hit buttons, insert numbers, see what comes out."  But it seems to work well enough, and that's good enough for me.

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvPKaKPEOs5FuCniQWvR4xQ/videos

DeviantArt (Just a small set of samples, but I'll add more from my archives from time to time):
http://chordus.deviantart.com

*About 4 people.

Chordus
Forums Freshman

chordus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »

Side note-  I've got the most incredible user pic on the entire site.  Unfortunately, the sheer awesomeness broke the image repository, so all you see is a 404'd image.  But trust me, if you could see it, it'd blow your mind.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:12:58 PM »

hello and welcome to your introduction wink

hmm, have you checked image resolution 80x80 pixels i think is the limit

what usually works regarding user pics is the linking to an external image hoster for the userpic

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Chordus
Forums Freshman

chordus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:23:33 AM »

Upload doesn't work even on 80x80 limit, and the link stretches it.  I'll just leave it as-is for now.  Everybody can use their imagination and pretend that it's perfect.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: