Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Realtime FractalExplorer plugin for Adobe PixelBender, Photoshop & AfterEffects  (Read 6160 times)
subblue
Conqueror

« on: August 29, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »

FractalExplorer is a plugin I have recently released. It's an open-source script written in the Adobe PixelBender shader language which uses the graphics card GPU to explore and render fractals in real time at high resolutions.

If you have Photoshop CS4 or AfterEffects CS4 then you can use the script (and animate all the parameters in AFX) using the PixelBender plugin. If you don't have any CS4 apps then you can still use it in the free PixelBender IDE. Full details and download as well as a PDF manual are available here:
http://www.subblue.com/projects/fractal_explorer

The second part of the plugin lets you orbit-map a source image into the fractal space enabling some very interesting results. Some examples of these can be seen here:
http://www.subblue.com/blog/2009/7/18/artforms_of_nature

Enjoy!

www.subblue.com - a blog exploring mathematical and generative graphics
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:05:32 AM »

I don't suppose there's any chance that'll work with an ATI Radeon X600 ?
What about an ATI Radeon X1900XT ?

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:50:54 AM »

pixel blender scripts can be used in flash movies, it is rendered with software, but on macintosh it is very performant software gpu emulation - i heard !

i did a fractal renderer a year ago with pixelblender, but was very disappointed when i realized that the flash movie i made only rendered in slow-motion-software-emulation mode

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »

subblue you've done some really awesome work  afro i like your attention to making nice pixels!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: