Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:39:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: I realize I will not be able to do well here, please help me delete account!  (Read 1414 times)
Katharella
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:42:51 AM »

I've read some of your posts, and I did learn a little bit, but I realize I have nothing to share that would even come close to the amazing things I've seen here.

Your Fractals are beautiful, and I guess I will just admire them from afar! :> I need more time. (nothing new to me lol)

I should delete my account so it doesn't take up space here, so if someone would tell me how! Thank you in advance if anyone replies!

-Kathy
JackOfTraDeZ
Explorer

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:37:51 AM »

Deleting your account is easy - just smash your computer! You will never be able to log on again.
Katharella
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »

Wow, well hum.. that might take some thinking, cos I'd hate to lose the www.dummyslikeme.com account too! I'd just be ALL alone!  :smiley
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »

come now, that's no way to introduce yourself! tongue stuck out

welcome to the forums; feel free to lurk and chat all you want!   afro

Hypnogems
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »

Kath (If I may be so bold as to call you this for short?),

Don't delete your account!  All of us were new to fractals
at some time.  I still consider myself a relative newbie,
but I keep on learning in the hope to reach the potential
of some of the artwork besides my own I've seen here.

Hug,

Lynn
JackOfTraDeZ
Explorer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 02:36:14 AM »

Kathy - I was trying to be funny and cheer you up. I hope you really didn't smash your computer, that would make me feel bad.

Seriously, you are not "taking up space" here. Just hang around and join the discussions. No need to feel low.

Believe it - though I am world famous now for my animations, there was a time I didn't know imaginary coordinates from Obamanomics.

While I'm here - queshun for the moderator(s):

What exactly does the title (fractal navigator, etc) and the number of stars above the user icon mean? And why do they change over time?

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:12 AM »

What exactly does the title (fractal navigator, etc) and the number of stars above the user icon mean? And why do they change over time?

Trifox should answer that really, but I think the number/colour of stars is simply based on your number of posts (and maybe whether you're a moderator or not).
I'm still not sure about some of the titles wink
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:54:23 AM by David Makin » Logged

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »

The title and number of stars are in general linked to the number of posts (not the quality of the posts!). When I passed 100 posts, my 5 bronze stars became a single silver star and I joined the "iterator" family wink

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »

hey guys first of all, i just had one of my best holidays in ages ...   afro afro afro

and for deleting accounts, i can easily remove your account, if you really do not feel like chitting and chatting about fractal art, science or whatever

so, if you think we are a quite snobish club of experts ( surely not snobish cheesy, and only few experts ( excluding me from the experts round1 cheesy )  ! ) you should go your path ... smiley

and for the stars, it is correct, the number of postings is the only reason to get higher grades, you can find the thread
about discussing the ranking system here:
http://www.fractalforums.com/discuss-fractal-forums/fractalforums-com-membergroups/

it is still an open discussion wink

cheers

@edit hey katharella, i just realized you are a girl, so, another reason to not delete your account cheesy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:13:57 AM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kirne
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »

You never think to go out of this forum. There is not a correct reason to delete the account from this forum. It gives more informative things to everyone.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 04:52:32 AM »

I've read some of your posts, and I did learn a little bit, but I realize I have nothing to share that would
    even come close to the amazing things I've seen here.
    Your Fractals are beautiful, and I guess I will just admire them from afar! :>   I need more time. (nothing new to me lol)
    I should delete my account so it doesn't take up space here, so if someone would tell me how!
    Thank you in advance if anyone replies!

Greetings, and a very belated Welcome to this particular forum !!!     cheesy

Hope you are still visiting this Forum, since there is always something to learn at many levels.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:43:10 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

max_123
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »

Hi guys same problem other reason.
I want to delete my account because of security reasons.
its not ,that i think the server is not protectect very well.
if an admin could delete my account ,that would be nice.
cbuchner1
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

I want to delete my account because of security reasons.
its not ,that i think the server is not protectect very well.

when worried about security, use throwaway email address (e.g spamgourmet) for the user account and generate a unique password just for this site (which is good practice anyway). I don't see how deletion of the account would improve security any further.

Christian
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »

when worried about security, use throwaway email address (e.g spamgourmet) for the user account and generate a unique password just for this site (which is good practice anyway). I don't see how deletion of the account would improve security any further.

Christian

Don't do that.

When approving new members, I always reject any temporary addresses like 10minutemail  (account only active for ten minutes!) and other temporary services.

They are used heavily by spambots, and we can't tell a human from a bot until they start spamming.

Even email addresses from non-existent sites or "parked" can get rejected!  That, too, is a technique used by spambots.

If you must get a throw away address, get one with yahoo, hotmail, or any of the many legit services.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:34 AM »

@Kathy: I registered into this forum almost 3 years ago as a total newbie, only knowing a bit about the Mandelbrot fractal, and I felt the same as you. If you think there are things far from your understanding, or fractal art you never will be able to do... well, I also thought that, but I was wrong and I managed to slowly learn a lot of stuff from here... and suddenly fractals -and fractal art- became one of my main interests, along with graphic programming. Also there is always very nice people around here offering their help if you really want to get into this world. In the other hand, if you think you are not really interested, feel free to stay registered anyway, maybe you can find something interesting at some point.

Regards,

Kali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: